Author Topic: Ignoring "Attention" Alert When Module Turned Off  (Read 3042 times)

nkb123

Ignoring "Attention" Alert When Module Turned Off
« on: July 31, 2013, 11:36:48 PM »
Hello. I am using Avast Internet Security version 8.0.1489 on Windows 7 64-bit. I turned off the "Anti-Spam" module, as I only use webmail (Gmail, to be precise) and I'd rather not have an unneeded module running. However, the "attention" notice on the "home" page is now active (the not so happy face) and so is the attention version of the notification tray icon (with exclamation point). I tried to find an "ignore" option to remove the attention notice, but can't seem to find one. I know Avast for Android has an ignore function for attention notices, so I am curious to know if the latest Windows 7 version has one. It would be nice to know when there's REALLY an issue needing my attention, as opposed to a notification that yup, anti-spam is off. Thanks!

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Ignoring "Attention" Alert When Module Turned Off
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 11:42:56 PM »
Go to settings > status bar
Deselect the elements that you have removed :)

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 11:44:08 PM »
Or Go into Control and add or remove Programs, search for Avast and double click on it.

Choose the last option repair, when you are getting on a screen where you can choose Standard, minimal and Custom
choose custom Installation and disable the Anti-Spam module on the right to uninstall it.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

nkb123

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 11:46:05 PM »
*facepalm* Can't believe I missed that status bar option. Thanks!  :)

Offline A. User

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 12:46:20 PM »
Or Go into Control and add or remove Programs, search for Avast and double click on it.

Choose the last option repair, when you are getting on a screen where you can choose Standard, minimal and Custom
choose custom Installation and disable the Anti-Spam module on the right to uninstall it.

What you will do with repair? ::) I don't think he should repair avast just because this. ;)