Author Topic: avast - Outlook bug?  (Read 4508 times)

rsuplido

avast - Outlook bug?
« on: October 02, 2003, 02:23:45 AM »
I have my email accounts set to leave emails on the server for 5 days and have it delete only if messages are deleted in the Deleted Items folder.

When I started using Avast Home, emails I delete from outlook doesn't get deleted from the server anymore. Is this just a setting problem?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:avast - Outlook bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 03:17:08 AM »
I use Outlook Express and in some email accounts I set to leave emails on the server permanently, so they can be downloaded by other computer.

I have no troubles with avast! and this setting.
Hmm, I´m thinking how MS Outlook (not Express) handle this feature. Maybe avast! team could say something about...  ;)
The best things in life are free.

techie101

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 07:53:30 AM »
Technical,

MS Outlook handles the email server in the same manner as does OE.
As a matter of fact, it has the check box in the same location under Tools-Accounts-Properties-Advanced.

:D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 07:54:48 AM by techie101 »

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 12:33:00 PM »
The mails that don't get deleted from the server were probably downloaded before you installed avast. When avast Mail Protection Wizard modifies your account (I suppose we are talking about Outlook Express), OE resets its internal counters for that account and forgets its 'history'. I think that if you delete all mails from your mailbox now, it will then work as before.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 02:24:01 PM »
The mails that don't get deleted from the server were probably downloaded before you installed avast. When avast Mail Protection Wizard modifies your account (I suppose we are talking about Outlook Express), OE resets its internal counters for that account and forgets its 'history'. I think that if you delete all mails from your mailbox now, it will then work as before.

Thanks vojtech. Computer and applications details are with you  ;D
The best things in life are free.