Author Topic: Endpoint Protection Suite Setup - Guide?  (Read 3714 times)

karmana

Endpoint Protection Suite Setup - Guide?
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:20:07 PM »
Hello,

Is there a guide for the Endpoint Protection Suite Setup?  I see the guide for the Console installation, but none for the client installation.  I am specifically curious about how to setup correctly, the "Miscellaneous Settings" page, when doing a manual install of the client.  (Installing the Console on our server did not appear to have also installed a client, so for various reasons, we need that protected before we can configure and push client installs throughout the network.)

Thanks,
Karmana

PS- this is NOT the "worms and viruses" message board, but the USA Education Products board...

karmana

Re: Endpoint Protection Suite Setup - Guide?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:29:24 PM »
Actually, I found it, though the instructions do not cover a "manual install", and look VERY different from the installer.

http://www.avast.com/download-documentation#business-products

The follow up question then, is how to go about setting up the AEA Console as a mirror server.  The Console doesn't have a simple "Mirror server settings" type option easily visible, to match said settings in the Client.

Offline dshetter

Re: Endpoint Protection Suite Setup - Guide?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 09:45:02 PM »
If you create a Deployment task that under "install" has "Just generate setup package (don't deploy anything)"

It will create a .exe file where you specify that will install with your listed specs. Just run that program.