Author Topic: Windows black screen after Avast update  (Read 3644 times)

wladimirclemente

Windows black screen after Avast update
« on: July 16, 2013, 11:21:02 PM »
After Avast installation, I started to having problem with black screen when the Windows initialized. Only mouse was working. Formatted PC three times and always had the same problem.
After a quick search in the internet, I found the website below (portuguese). Avast automatically activates an ridiculous option that is causing this black screen.
This problem is affecting a lot of clients.

http://conserteemcasa.blogspot.com.br/2013/04/tela-preta-no-logon-do-windows-8.html?showComment=1374008314390&m=1

Wladimir Clemente

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Windows black screen after Avast update
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 02:40:25 AM »
I have (and always have) these settings on and never got a problem.
Any other previous antivirus before avast? Something is changing the system (a cryptographic tool, another antimalware program, etc.).
The best things in life are free.

Muzzerboy

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 04:08:08 AM »
Look at the thread called "Black Screen Syndrome" and weep. You've been sold a lemon, mate. And Avast don't seem willing or able to do anything about it.

What a fantastic product and fantastic support. Not.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 02:05:16 PM »
Look at the thread called "Black Screen Syndrome" and weep. You've been sold a lemon, mate. And Avast don't seem willing or able to do anything about it.

I think users should have the space to complain and to raise problems/bugs. The freedom is necessary to grow up and improve.
But, really, what a post like this will help? Blame against support? I've asked some questions and try to help the user, and you?
The best things in life are free.

Arnold72

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »

Maybe you need a muzzle so avast users dont have to listen to your constant illogical waffling.