Author Topic: avast on-accesss canner messages  (Read 4391 times)

mrsbrodie

avast on-accesss canner messages
« on: May 01, 2005, 06:02:48 PM »
I have been using avast! for a while now, and there is one thing about my version (4.6 Home Ed.) that is driving me crazy. I cannot find the way to turn OFF the on-access scanner messages, and seeing them is really irritating.

Any help?
please e-mail me at ink.has.mail@gmail.com as well, so that I can keep the info somewhere I can access it.

Thank you so much!

MrsBrodie

whocares

Re: avast on-accesss canner messages
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 06:28:15 PM »

and seeing them is really irritating.

It's supposed to be so and tells you that you'r system is not secured enough..  ;D

btw: about which messages/shield are we talking here ?
standard shield, net shield, webshield ?

you can't turn off the "virus found" message from standard-shield in avast HOME edition (or are you talking about the continuous messages/which files are scanned ? this is disabled by default: see config to disable it..),

but you can disable them for net shield (and maybe for webshield, not sure about that one..)

please check in the respective configuration of the Shield(s) and also please use the board-search here.. ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 06:30:27 PM by whocares »

mrsbrodie

Re: avast on-accesss scanner messages
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 07:07:20 PM »
I'm talking about the messages that appear as popups, with the heading, "On-access scanner message" on the bottom of my screen every time I change pages; they tell me what's being scanned when it is being scanned. At times the popups take up half my screen!
I want them to go away.

Umath

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 07:43:06 PM »
Right Click on Avast! Icon on your task tray.

If you are seeing the messages while using browsers, then, On-Access Protection Controll>Web Shield>Customize>Advanced(Tab)

Uncheck “Show Detailed Info on Performed Action”

If you are seeing the messages while using Windows Explorer, then, On-Access Protection Controll>Standard Shield>Customize>Advanced(Tab)

mrsbrodie

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 07:52:17 PM »
*phew* THANK YOU!

That was driving me crazy.

I feel much better.

MrsBrodie

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 08:11:11 PM »
At some stage you may have inadvertantly turned this on, as far as I'm aware it is off by default.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security