Author Topic: AvastLog Viewer  (Read 4644 times)

lava1

AvastLog Viewer
« on: May 10, 2005, 04:15:35 PM »
Good Morning,   I was wondering if someone could maybe explain that once in a while I find thees Messages and what they mean or is it nothing too worry about:

1. Error (AAVM scanning error X  AAVA  CheckfileDirectEX:    ACFiles Scan Real of http://www.msn.com/ failed 0000A47E

2. Waning(AAVM scanning warning X AAVA CheckfileDirect Ex: 
http://www.msn.com/  C:/windows/temp/avast4/PxBZACtmp/retur...

If you can explain easy terms that I can understand it I would apprecate it Thanks...

Just case you need this info I Use.
Processor IntelPent II  mmx 350 MHz
Ram 256
Operating System 2000 Professional 5.0 Build 2195
Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123
Avast  4.6.652
File Version 519-1

Thank you for your help and I wait to hear from you soon.
I have been waiting for a answer so I quess it won't be till tomorrow I get a answer
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 01:37:29 AM by lava1 »

lava1

Re: AvastLog Viewer
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 02:20:40 AM »
I am sorry to be a bother but I was wondering can someone still help with the question that I ask yesterday.  Because I did not receive any answer yet.  Probably I should be more patent in waiting.  Thanks again I wait to hear from someone.  I just don't understand why it takes so long to answer and others get answers quicker.  Maybe my questions are stupid or they don't make sense. :(

kamulko

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 02:40:52 AM »
maybe you are running zone alarm firewall on your pc?  ::)

lava1

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 02:51:18 AM »
Thank you for your help Kamulko but I do not have any zone alarm or firewall on my computer.   This just happens once in a while not all the time that is why I was asking.  I thank you for your help.  Maybe DavidR or Technical or someone else with your expereince might know.  Thanks again Kamulko I will try to be patent and wait.

kamulko

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 02:58:55 AM »
generally, when  Avast! cannot scan a file, the reason is 'cause this file is in use. So you can try to schedule a scan at reboot, and the scanner is able to run without problems on all type of file (except the compressed files protected by password and the file protected by Windows in system-restore in WinXP). Good luck.

lava1

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 03:05:10 AM »
Thank You again but I have Windows 2000 not Xp Plus I don't understand what you mean about a scan plus what do you mean by file in use. I was just in my IE.  Again thanks for your help again

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 03:43:39 AM »
lava, I've read your post since from beginning but I don't know that much about error messages and msn stuffs... Sorry.
About the boot time scanning, it works the same for XP and 2000. You can schedule one to avoid 'scanning of files that are in use'.
In fact the scanning failed could be nothing bad. Just a malformed archive file (temporary) that could not be scanned (and won't harm your system).
I think this is verbose of the logs... Anyway, I did not post before because I'm not sure  :)
The best things in life are free.

lava1

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 12:17:52 PM »
Thanks for your help Technical, maybe its nothing to worry about.