Author Topic: Can I move Avast Moblie to the SD card  (Read 3988 times)

excelsa

Can I move Avast Moblie to the SD card
« on: July 23, 2013, 11:14:04 PM »
I'm new to Android mobile phones and I'm running AVAST mobile on Android"Gingerbread" - Will AVAST work if I install it/move it to the SD card?
Thanks

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Can I move Avast Moblie to the SD card
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:29:12 AM »
Hi,

moving to SD card is not supported, sorry.

Filip

excelsa

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »
Thanks

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 05:06:42 PM »
If you could save it to a memory card then avast would not be very secure then would it? As they would remove the SD card to add their own or format the SD card in both cases bye bye security!
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

dallas7

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 10:33:31 PM »
The "SD card" in Android parlance is the on-board storage partition: /mnt/sdcard.

The other partition of that storage is root.  Disregarding rooted systems (an some interesting manipulations), some apps can't be moved from there, some can.

Inserting an SD for more storage is /mnt/extsd which is not SD card.

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 02:52:51 PM »
That's true only on newer phones. On Gingerbread phones, the external SD card was mounted in /mnt/sdcard and when the device was plugged to USB, the SD card was then unmounted from the device and mounted as Mass media storage to the PC.

On ICS and higher the "external storage" is in fact internal, but still mounted to /mnt/sdcard for some backwards compatibility. When the device is plugged to USB, the MTP protocol is used, so the "sd card" doesn't have to be unmounted anymore.

dallas7

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 12:02:19 AM »
Interesting... Thanks for the clarification.

My experience so far has been with a 4.0.4 WiFi tablet.

I still rely on a dinosaur CDMA flip phone otherwise.  :-\  But then again, it only needs a recharge every 10-14 days.

Cheers.