Author Topic: Avast subsystem waiting..  (Read 3599 times)

blurp

Avast subsystem waiting..
« on: April 28, 2005, 11:55:13 AM »
I've installed Avast 4.6 Home, before using Norton AV2003 (disinstalled...) but now I have a pair of questions:
-In Outlook/Exchange menu compares "Provider is waiting for a subsystem run" (6/7): what means ? The other voice (E-mail, Instant mail, P2P...) are OK.
-The SMTP server has to be changed from the original one? I ask because I try to send e-mail to myself but have not received nothing, till 1 hour ago...

Tks. for your answer...

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast subsystem waiting..
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 12:07:57 PM »
What e-mail client do you use - (full) Outlook, or rather Outlook Express?
What operating system do you have?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »
In Outlook/Exchange menu compares "Provider is waiting for a subsystem run" (6/7): what means ?

The message "The provider is waiting on the subsystem to start" will be shown there until you open MS Outlook.
The plugin will be enabled automatically after that.
The best things in life are free.

blurp

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 05:08:58 PM »
In Outlook/Exchange menu compares "Provider is waiting for a subsystem run" (6/7): what means ?

The message "The provider is waiting on the subsystem to start" will be shown there until you open MS Outlook.
The plugin will be enabled automatically after that.

It's not so..I use Outlook Express on Win XP Home ;, now I have program open (downloaded mail incoming) but Avast gives me the same message..this apart it seems that all works properly..

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 05:28:06 PM »
That's correct. The Outlook/Express provider is for full MS Outlook, not Outlook Express. Your e-mail client is protected by the Internet Mail provider. Therefore, you don't have to worry about the message.

blurp

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 05:39:20 PM »
Tks..I supposed it but an expert's answer is better...:-)
Cheers.