Author Topic: AshWebSv.ws?  (Read 3485 times)

sded

AshWebSv.ws?
« on: April 25, 2005, 01:15:38 AM »
This log file goes back to 3/19, has grown to 10MB, is in use by the webshieldprovider, and seems to have no control on length or apparent function.  What is it and why do I need to keep it?  I deleted it anyway, and a new one has started. :-\
Edit:  Another log bonus.  For Daylight Savings Time the Chest made another copy of all the system files, since the timetags were now an hour later.  I felt safe in deleting those too.  Don't know whether the earlier time in October will cause a new copy? ::)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 02:10:28 AM by sded »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: AshWebSv.ws?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 10:19:01 PM »
This log file goes back to 3/19, has grown to 10MB, is in use by the webshieldprovider, and seems to have no control on length or apparent function.  What is it and why do I need to keep it?  I deleted it anyway, and a new one has started. :-\
It's a pitty that we cannot limit this log file...

Edit:  Another log bonus.  For Daylight Savings Time the Chest made another copy of all the system files, since the timetags were now an hour later.  I felt safe in deleting those too.  Don't know whether the earlier time in October will cause a new copy? ::)
Yeah, this happened for me too... It's strange to see more than one copy there... the user thinks that the system was updated...
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 11:58:03 PM »
My ashWebSv.ws is a grand 45KB and goes back to 18/3/2005 so I have no idea how yours would be so large. My ashWebSv.err is 37KB.

Most of the entries in my .ws file appear to be for getting images (probably failed gets), avatars mainly.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 09:26:41 AM »
Hello Sded,

can you share your ashwevsv.ws file? It seems rather strange that it grows so quickly. Anyway there indeed should be some means of limiting the logfile size. I'll have a look at it.

Lukas