Author Topic: [Free] Allowing a virus when a popup appears? (Urgent)  (Read 17974 times)

cooby

Re: [Free] Allowing a virus when a popup appears? (Urgent)
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 11:39:42 PM »
@Fatih54102, others gave you excellent advice and reasons.

Here's my idea - take a shot at it, it might do what you need.
Make a special directory for development to hold your code, executable trials, supporting files (.dll, .jpg, etc) the whole thing.
Add that directory, instead of a specific .exe file (as I suspect you tried) to exclusions in Avast.
See what happens.
I suspect Avast will alert anyway, as you use various Windows resources, but that's only a guess.

Arnold72

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 11:56:17 PM »
Lol..................MSE also has the worst detection rate on the market. Comodo Internet Security by default removes malware related threats automatically. Firewall and HIPS alerts are different. Watch this video and when CIS pops up a malware alert there is no option to allow it. Unless your speaking of after you run a full scan? You only need to run a full scan with Avast about once a month or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pGpXoNTGwo
Well at least MSE actually partakes in independent pointless tests where as comodo does not.
So your favoritism toward comodo is totally unfounded.

It really depends on what sort of internet user you are.
Your point of view on MSE is also incorrect when you take into consideration the user habits.

I have used MSE myself and never came across malware at all.

Aventador

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 02:52:09 AM »
Please stick the subject at hand which is trying help Faith. Thanks.

If you never cam across malware then how did you ever know MSE detecting anything?  ::) I love people that say that. I used NIS for 2 years. Never an infection. Why? NIS never detected anything in those 2 years. Its called safe surfing habits and common sense. So just cause your antivirus kept you malware free doesn't mean its working. It also means you never came across any malware to begin with.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:57:23 AM by Aventador »

Fatih54102

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »
Thanks for support.
I tried to send something to support:

Fatih
User

Posted on: 26 July 2013 10:24 AM

Explanation.png (41.16 KB)
> Hello,
>
> Unfortunately I'm not sure if I understand your issue / request. Do you want to stop popups if a malware is found or allow them? Anyway you may use exclusion list if you need exclude some application/folder/file.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Avast Software a.s. 2nd level support team
>
> Tomas
Hello firstly thank for quick help,
---
Summary: i need allow option in virus found popup in order to allow viruses(falsedetected).

I can not add every program to exclusion list as it steals my time(i need time for my bussiness) and it does not allow completely, for example if i run a false-detected program even if i add to exclusion list; Avast blocks program because program tried to extract a resource.For this two reason i can not use exclusion list.
If you do not understand still, take a look of attached picture.
---
as i said i MUST need allowing option in a virus-malware found popup appears in order to allow virus. This is important for my bussiness because i develop programs like 'Resource Extractor'. Or if i use obfuscator for obfuscating code (You know .Net(C#,vb.net,F#,..) programmes' codes can be seen through .net reflectors, so you must hide your code by obfuscating them). There are many examples like these.

This lack is the first i found in Avast, thanks for support.

===
If you can not add this option directly, you may add a setting to enable it or add a security control which shows another popup to confirm selecting 'allow' option like this 'You selected allow option, do you want to continue?'

Please this is important for developers like me, iam also seeing many people who does not like this lack.
You should not forget that not only basic users use avast, home developers use too.

Despite of this, it is very good application.
Tomáš Zajíc
Staff

Posted on: 26 July 2013 09:24 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I understand your issue / request. Do you want to stop popups if a malware is found or allow them? Anyway you may use exclusion list if you need exclude some application/folder/file.

Best regards,

Avast Software a.s. 2nd level support team

Tomas
Fatih
User

Posted on: 25 July 2013 09:51 PM

Related Picture: http://i.imgur.com/4nxO3Y0.png

Hello, iam a developer and i work with files which antiviruses gives false alert. For example obfuscators, i can not use avast if i obfuscate file; it shows a popup that says obfuscated file found(virus) , if i add file exclusion list it steals my time about 1-2 minute. and i work 1000~ these files daily and now it is impossible to use avast as antivirus.

It would be very good if there is a option "Allowing" if a virus detected popup appears.

I think avast is very good choice but if it will not be added, i will not buy avast like many developers(who works with extractors,obfuscators,...) .

If you say it is a bad idea because it is dangerous, then you can add a ini file or registry entry in order to add 'allow' option.

I know many developers use microsoft security essentials for this annoying lack.

Fatih54102

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 10:30:36 AM »
Please stick the subject at hand which is trying help Faith. Thanks.

If you never cam across malware then how did you ever know MSE detecting anything?  ::) I love people that say that. I used NIS for 2 years. Never an infection. Why? NIS never detected anything in those 2 years. Its called safe surfing habits and common sense. So just cause your antivirus kept you malware free doesn't mean its working. It also means you never came across any malware to begin with.
Avast is better than MSE but without this option, it becomes useless for me. But in my opinion it is still the best.

Fatih54102

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 10:32:18 AM »
Lol..................MSE also has the worst detection rate on the market. Comodo Internet Security by default removes malware related threats automatically. Firewall and HIPS alerts are different. Watch this video and when CIS pops up a malware alert there is no option to allow it. Unless your speaking of after you run a full scan? You only need to run a full scan with Avast about once a month or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pGpXoNTGwo
Well at least MSE actually partakes in independent pointless tests where as comodo does not.
So your favoritism toward comodo is totally unfounded.

It really depends on what sort of internet user you are.
Your point of view on MSE is also incorrect when you take into consideration the user habits.

I have used MSE myself and never came across malware at all.
Yeah Microsoft is more understanding, but it have also bad points such as can not stop auto-updating system.

Fatih54102

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »
@Fatih54102, others gave you excellent advice and reasons.

Here's my idea - take a shot at it, it might do what you need.
Make a special directory for development to hold your code, executable trials, supporting files (.dll, .jpg, etc) the whole thing.
Add that directory, instead of a specific .exe file (as I suspect you tried) to exclusions in Avast.
See what happens.
I suspect Avast will alert anyway, as you use various Windows resources, but that's only a guess.
Dude i tried,tried even i searched this option 15 minute in avast interface. If I move to directory(i added directory to exclusion list) avast alerts still because running falsealerted virus extracted something.
I also work with real viruses to deal with them with a disassembler/debugger but this annoying lack really makes avast useless for developers like me.

Avast will gain more money if adds allowing to that popup.

Fatih54102

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 10:39:56 AM »
Avast Software has for some considerable time refused to have this one click option to Allow, as it is just too prone to accidentally allowing a virus to run.

They have to consider the 180+ million users when considering options like this and air on the side of safety over convenience for the few. That is why they have gone down the deliberate addition to an exclusion list.

Allowing some means of circumventing this, registry entry or otherwise could possible be introducing a security hole, that could be exploited.
But it is really important to me(low level developers).
You are true it is not good to directly add but at least add a option to show it or show another popup to confirm selecting allow option like this: 'You have selected allow option, Do you sure?'

Fatih54102

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 10:46:22 AM »
What version of Avast are you using? Again adding an allow option is a like giving a loaded gun to a child. We have several software engineers at my work. They all develop things inside a VM. I have used just about every antivirus out there When malware is detected I have never seen an allow option.  Maybe a dev will grant your request but dont hold your breath. Your request is a very dangerous idea.
I am a low level developer(dealing with viruses,decompiling disassembling them, deobfuscating, block extracting). So at least add another popup to confirm selecting allow option,or add a setting to interface. If a dev does a specific build it would be very good.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »
I'm not an avast team member so cant say for sure but I cant see that your request would be granted, this would be a highly dangerous option being that many unknowing users are click happy and an option such as what you are requesting would just be asking for trouble imo.

My only suggestion for you would be if you are willing or wanting to openly allow viruses to run then disable your antivirus at your own risk.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 11:13:10 AM by craigb »

Aventador

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 12:19:51 PM »
Work offline in a VM. Nothing else to say. Avast is not going to grant 1 persons wish amongst millions of others. As I have previously stated I have never seen ANY antivirus with an "allow" option when it comes to malware.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 12:30:03 PM »
Avast Software has for some considerable time refused to have this one click option to Allow, as it is just too prone to accidentally allowing a virus to run.

They have to consider the 180+ million users when considering options like this and air on the side of safety over convenience for the few. That is why they have gone down the deliberate addition to an exclusion list.

Allowing some means of circumventing this, registry entry or otherwise could possible be introducing a security hole, that could be exploited.
You are true it is not good to directly add but at least add a option to show it or show another popup to confirm selecting allow option like this: 'You have selected allow option, Do you sure?'

First I'm an avast user not employee, but having been an active member of these forums for a little over nine years. During this time I have seen multiple requests for such an option,which has essentially be declined over the deliberate action of adding to the exclusion lists.

The numbers of low level developers is infinitesimal when compared to avast users that aren't that savvy and could well do serious harm to their system by accidental/click happy response to dialogue windows. These are the people that avast are I feel more concerned with.

The more tech savvy users are generally going to find a way to work with the exclusions without too much pain.

An other possible option is to have a working folder which you can exclude the sub-folders and contents. But that too would come with risk if a live virus was to get in there.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Fatih54102

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 12:59:11 PM »

First I'm an avast user not employee, but having been an active member of these forums for a little over nine years. During this time I have seen multiple requests for such an option,which has essentially be declined over the deliberate action of adding to the exclusion lists.

The numbers of low level developers is infinitesimal when compared to avast users that aren't that savvy and could well do serious harm to their system by accidental/click happy response to dialogue windows. These are the people that avast are I feel more concerned with.

The more tech savvy users are generally going to find a way to work with the exclusions without too much pain.

An other possible option is to have a working folder which you can exclude the sub-folders and contents. But that too would come with risk if a live virus was to get in there.

If I open a folder and put the related files there, avast still blocks my action because false alerted programs try to extract something.
Anyway which antivirus program is most suitable for me? What is your advice? (Except avast)

Aventador

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2013, 01:46:33 PM »
Do you honestly think your going to get an answer from asking a question such as "Which antivirus is most suitable for me?" in an Avast forums.  ::)

As I have previously stated I used everything out there. I have never seen any antivirus with an "allow' option when it comes to malware detection. People who suggest making a folder and excluding are incorrect. That is fine and dandy for fulls scans but not when it comes to file protection. Even if you work from within that excluded folder. Want the best answer?

Use a virtual machine. Or use a dedicated offline machine that does not ever connect to any other pc's or the internet.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2013, 01:51:35 PM »
Anyway which antivirus program is most suitable for me
maybe you want one with no realtime protection? .... then you can do the work with no warning popups