Author Topic: Net speed problems  (Read 9504 times)

kamulko

Re: Net speed problems
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 08:43:52 PM »
I don't know in UK, but in Italy the DSL prices are different second the Guaranteed Band. I try to explain (sorry for my bad english): maybe I buy a high speed DSL and I surf slow. It depends from the amount of traffic and also if I have payed or not for the minimum granted band. Here can have the paradox, 'cause it is possible that I surf at less speed than one user who have a theorical "slow" (and less expensive) DSL max value... but with a large granted band. Maybe this is your case? ::)

MSSKRS

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2005, 05:52:43 AM »
Christ u're in the UK......and u've not got BB?

U must be in the north of scotland!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2005, 01:05:26 PM »
Christ u're in the UK......and u've not got BB?

U must be in the north of scotland!
I have a friend in the Highlands of Scotland and he is on broadband. I on the other hand live in the heart of England, a small village in Oxfordshire and can't get it, go figure, BT sucks.

Even though the exchange is broadband enabled, there is 9Km of copper cable between me and the exchange, unless BT put in another exchange nearer (very unlikely) or the distance that you can get it needs to jump beyond the 5KM current limit.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 09:34:51 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

MSSKRS

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 08:15:11 PM »
Not good!

Can u access sat net?

I think i may have solved the problem i turned the intelligent scanner off and it's right back up there at 2.2Mbps!

I wonder what it is about that bit of the program that slows the net so much?

Any ideas?

MSSKRS

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2005, 08:16:54 PM »
I have no idea why it was having no effect before.....very strange...probably a combo of diffrent factors i think!

Well thankyou anyway mates  ;D