Author Topic: Announcement: avast! Mobile Beta Test  (Read 141226 times)

kevpan815

Re: Announcement: avast! Mobile Beta Test
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2013, 07:58:50 PM »
The reason why I suggest this is that some people like me are still getting 2.0.4993 even after joining the Beta.

Try this: Unjoin the beta community on G+ and rejoin it afterwards. It worked for some testers.
All ready have tried it 3 or 4 times now. The fact that I never received the 5545 update while 3.0 was still on my phone tells me that there is something wrong with my Google Play Store login. And then after I performed my un-root and factory reset that same day, I had then completely lost the 3.0.5535 Build that I already had and I have been stuck at 2.0.4993 ever since. You are the very first Veteran Poster here that has even been willing to talk to me about this problem here.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2013, 08:10:30 PM »
All ready have tried it 3 or 4 times now. The fact that I never received the 5545 update while 3.0 was still on my phone tells me that there is something wrong with my Google Play Store login.

Well, you've to wait till Monday then. (Only the Android guys can answer that.)
It's either the Google issue mentioned before or something completely different.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Kolt

« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2013, 09:15:44 PM »
My version Anti-Theft  is 2.0.4838. When updating writes: "No updates were found. Using the latest version."

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2013, 09:24:31 PM »
http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_y300-5386.php

Wow, no wonder why you are having problems, that looks like a very cheap phone, certainly NOT one I would recommend for this Beta Test. Here I am am Boasting about how I have an IPhone 5 and IPad Mini with IOS 7 Beta (thst Boasting was done in the IOS Secure Line Sub-Forum), and a Rooted S4, and I never never really understood how bad you had it. Sure Sprint put me in their Spending Limit Program due to Low Income, but they still approved my 2 year contracts for all three of my devices. I am sorry that I rubbed my S4 in your nose. My apoligies.
I've had worse:
http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_racer-3423.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i5500b-3371.php

at least I've upgraded now :) but that phone is at least 1GHz and official support for jellybean!

So have I! http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_u8510_ideos_x3-3840.php
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2013, 09:29:42 PM »
http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_y300-5386.php

Wow, no wonder why you are having problems, that looks like a very cheap phone, certainly NOT one I would recommend for this Beta Test. Here I am am Boasting about how I have an IPhone 5 and IPad Mini with IOS 7 Beta (thst Boasting was done in the IOS Secure Line Sub-Forum), and a Rooted S4, and I never never really understood how bad you had it. Sure Sprint put me in their Spending Limit Program due to Low Income, but they still approved my 2 year contracts for all three of my devices. I am sorry that I rubbed my S4 in your nose. My apoligies.
I've had worse:
http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_racer-3423.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i5500b-3371.php

at least I've upgraded now :) but that phone is at least 1GHz and official support for jellybean!

Does it support Jelly Bean 4.2 or does it only get Jelly Bean 4.1? My S4 has Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and that's with Stock Firmware (the only thing newer is 4.3).

Jelly bean 4.1.1
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

ajz2017

« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2013, 12:18:31 AM »
I just downloaded the app avast! Backup, and I just connected with with my Google Drive, I tried updating it, and now it is just continuously crashing after I try to open the app.

Specs:

(Just thought I would include this stuff if you guys needed it.)

Phone: Galaxy S Aviator
Firmware: 2.3.6
Hardware Version: R930.03

kevpan815

« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2013, 06:28:39 AM »
The ability to leave and rejoin the Beta is now Gone, most likely because the Beta is now filled to capacity.

kevpan815

« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2013, 06:35:56 AM »
Just to clarify my problem: Anti-Theft and Backup got the 5545 update but Avast Mobile Security never got the update on August 1st.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2013, 10:31:21 AM »
Hi,

I'll publish direct links to beta .apks for all three apps tomorrow (= in approx 24 hours) so everyone who can't get the Google Play beta working can download and install it directly.

Filip

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2013, 07:56:07 PM »
Hi,

I'll publish direct links to beta .apks for all three apps tomorrow (= in approx 24 hours) so everyone who can't get the Google Play beta working can download and install it directly.

Filip
Thanks. I cannot update the AB yet...
The best things in life are free.

binhvirile

« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2013, 05:24:45 AM »
Hi,

Last night I factory reseted my phone in hope that it helps the issue related to uninstall protection& app locking that I mentioned in this topic before. But now the issue is still not fixed, but there is a new problem.  It seems the processing of Virus Scanner, Privacy Advisor are not responding. Since the first install of AMS, it said that it was performing "Virus Scanner" and "Privacy Advisor". But the processing is still not completing now and staying on as the attached images.
I also tried restarting the phone but it can't fix the problem.

ganon

« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2013, 08:31:56 AM »
Minor issue, But the widget is saying attention when avast has no issues!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2013, 09:18:52 AM »
Hi,

Last night I factory reseted my phone in hope that it helps the issue related to uninstall protection& app locking that I mentioned in this topic before. But now the issue is still not fixed, but there is a new problem.  It seems the processing of Virus Scanner, Privacy Advisor are not responding. Since the first install of AMS, it said that it was performing "Virus Scanner" and "Privacy Advisor". But the processing is still not completing now and staying on as the attached images.
I also tried restarting the phone but it can't fix the problem.

That's weird. After reboot, it gets stuck on the same percentage? Did you try to reinstall AMS? And why is it all red at the top?

reinhardholzner

« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2013, 10:30:52 AM »
We've just released a bugfix update build 5580. This update bugfixes for crashes at startup or premium purchase process. Regards Reinhard

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2013, 11:13:04 AM »
Hi,

edited first post with direct links.

Filip