Author Topic: Announcement: avast! Mobile Beta Test  (Read 141227 times)

binhvirile

Re: Announcement: avast! Mobile Beta Test
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2013, 12:10:38 PM »
Does it still show after I slide myself at first?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2013, 01:00:08 PM »
Nope, it doesn't show if you slide it during first launch.

Filip

binhvirile

« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »
Oh I see, thanks Filip. But why you don't make it shows in the first launch like v2?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
We want users to get accustomed to the new dashboard which represents the core features now and don't want them to be overwhelmed by all the other options we have during first launch.

Filip

Patschi

« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »
I have a problem since some weeks, where I can't get a connection to avast with Avast Anti-Theft. Ports aren't blocked, I have the latest version and already turned wlan on and off and also tried the mobile connection. The helper for connectionproblems does not help.

animadversor

« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2013, 08:53:04 PM »
How to join the Beta test
  • Sign up to the Google Plus community here: https://plus.google.com/communities/112394513906169233317.
  • Click all the product links to the right and sign up as tester for our Beta program
  • After a while, you'll see upgrades to avast! Mobile Security and avast! Anti-Theft in the Google Play Store. Also, you'll see a new product, avast! Backup which you can install from Google Play.
    !! Note that avast! Anti-Theft Advanced users (users who installed from our servers instead from Google Play) will need to send their IMEI to holzner@avast.com to get their Anti-Theft client upgraded to the Beta version !!
  • In order to get your free premium test license, open any of our apps and click on "Go Premium" button
  • Click on "Voucher" button to the top right of the screen
  • Enter AVASTBETATEST as voucher code
  • Get your free beta test license which will be valid until end of August
  • Deliver your feedback to this forum

We are looking forward to your feedback and are really happy to have you as our testers!
With best regards

the avast! Mobile Development team

I accidentally signed up for the free premium test license for Mobile Security & Antivirus using the Gmail account address that was presented to me by the app in the pre-filled field. However I wish to use a different address. I uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, then reinstalled the app, but when I tried to sign up again, I found that my registration info, including the incorrect email address, had been retained. I then redid the same process, but this time removing from the phone the Google account I had mistakenly used. Still no dice. Is there someway that I can replace the incorrect email address with the one that I want to use? Thanks very much.

binhvirile

« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2013, 01:41:53 AM »
I have a problem since some weeks, where I can't get a connection to avast with Avast Anti-Theft. Ports aren't blocked, I have the latest version and already turned wlan on and off and also tried the mobile connection. The helper for connectionproblems does not help.

You mean you couldn't get a connection to avast account or to update database?

Patschi

« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »
Updating and such things are working fine. I can't reach my phone with my.avast.com and also not with the connectionproblems-helper in Anti-Theft > avast! Account > "Solve connection problems"

sleipneer

« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2013, 09:51:46 AM »
So;
tested the BETAs round about for 10 days.

BUT

when you stay in a WLAN, Remotecontrol-things (such take picture and so on) wont work until the ports arent released for the device.

This is a real problem, i tried to fix it in my homeWLAN; but:

i have to assign the ports for each device seperately.
And in my WLAN are at least 5 devices.....with only 3 ports....

So, may you can find a workaround here... (DMZ is no option! ;) )

My router is a Fritz!Box 6360 cable.
My mobiles in the Beta are
- I9505 with CFroot on Stock Android 4.2
- N7105 CustomRom (CanogenMod 10.1)

the same problem are on my non BETA-mobiles (I9305, P5100 und a Sony LT18)

Hope, my feedback was helpful.

Ben

P.S.: Whats about a price for the Premium?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2013, 10:49:35 PM »
Whats about a price for the Premium?
I think it will be a small monthly fee (few dollars), automatically renewed. But I'm not sure.
The best things in life are free.

kab

« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2013, 09:19:05 PM »
Hi, i just joined and installed the avast! Mobile Security beta and avast! Mobile Backup beta
So far, i didn't have any problem installing or with crashing but my only problem is there is a problem with App Locking.
I used App Locking to lock settings, my files and superSU apps but when I unlock one app such as the settings, all of the rest also gets unlocked which is a big issue for me so you fix that by unlocking only the app I open and also should put a time limit for the app to be unlocked. For example, the settings app will automatically lock itself after 30 seconds after you leave the app. It would be nice if we can choose that time too.
I really like many of the features and I hope they will be free when released.
Keep up the good work and try fixing this stuff.

binhvirile

« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2013, 04:35:20 AM »
Hello kab,

Your suggestion is the same as mine that was discussed before.

Hi,

actually this is intended behavior right now. If you insert the PIN in one sessions, you are authorized for all actions on that session.

Filip

If you lock your screen and relock it you will get a pin promt again for locked apps :)

By the way, I think kab's idea is very awesome. We should have option to choose the time to lock/ unlock an app.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:36:51 AM by binhvirile »

stefanorickeets

« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2013, 07:01:25 AM »
I take it you guys have stop activating Avast! Anti-Theft v3 BETA for users with root installation. I sent in my IMEI but I'm still not able to update to version 3.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2013, 11:20:05 AM »
@stefanorickeets: we also have a weekend! If i got your email it should work now - if not resend your IMEI please.

kab

« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2013, 08:48:22 PM »
Hi
So far I really like avast Beta and I hope many of the features remain free such as the taking photo feature because the only reason I use Lookout is for that feature. So hopefully, that feature will be free and for the premium version, I think a one time payment method is way better than a subscription because many more people would buy it, including me.