Author Topic: Announcement: avast! Mobile Beta Test  (Read 141670 times)

clabo

Re: Announcement: avast! Mobile Beta Test
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2013, 11:43:29 AM »
There seems to be an issue with Android 4.3. and the firewall.

On the Galaxy Nexus i9250 with Android 4.3 (build JWR66V) internet access is only granted, if firewall logging is activated.
At least some apps, like K-9 Mail, only can access internet with actice logging.
This appears as well over WLAN, as over 3G - both are allowed.
Firewall is in whitelist mode.
Im found this in Avast! 2 and changed to version 3.0.5718, where this problem still is present.

Workaround of course is activating the firewall log.
This seems a problem in combination with Android 4.3, as everything was fine in Android 4.2.
Other firewalls - like droidwall - show the same problem.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2013, 11:44:57 AM »
sorry we have no time anymore to fix before release. will be in subsequent update.

On the Galaxy Nexus i9250 with Android 4.3 (build JWR66V) internet access is only granted, if firewall logging is activated.
At least some apps, like K-9 Mail, only can access internet with actice logging.
Im found this in Avast! 2 and changed to version 3.0.5718, where this problem still is present.

This seems a problem in combination with Android 4.3, as everything was fine in Android 4.2.

kevpan815

« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »

Keep in mind that most of us here don't have Android 4.3 yet! For example: My Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 still only has Android 4.2.2!

kevpan815

« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2013, 03:34:49 PM »
Thank you Mr. Holzner for adding me to your Anti-Theft Rooted IMEI list. I was having trouble Reinstalling the Standard Edition from the Google Play Store. It was giving me an error that the Package was Invalid (just like a couple of other things I like to install from the Google Play Store).

reinhardholzner

« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2013, 03:35:29 PM »
@kevpan: no problem ! :-)

Midschy

« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2013, 06:00:57 PM »
Hi , when there is "change Language" feature in avast! Backup?

kevpan815

« Reply #201 on: August 14, 2013, 12:05:18 AM »
Avast Anti-Theft did successfully upgrade to 3.0 RC1 after I got your E-mail confirming that my IMEI had been added to the list.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #202 on: August 14, 2013, 09:04:41 PM »
Good news: avast! Mobile 3 has gone public today - thanks for all your great help testing it and download your release version RIGHT NOW. See you on the next beta test!

Patschi

« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2013, 12:13:44 AM »
Seems to be nice. I have a suggestion: Many hates any premium offers. So maybe you could write it in bold and big at the beginning of the description, that all free functions are still free and only new advanced features are available in premium :)

Edit:
Since weeks (after some support tickets) I can't control my avast Mobile Security through my.avast.com. Also the "connection problem helper" does not help anything - I have tried all points. A good friend have the same issues. I would like to get some support and get my avast app working again. The second issue is, that avast Backup is always in english even I changed the language in the main app to German.

Edit²:
After clearing all avast data and completely reinstalling the app it's working fine again.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:34:00 PM by Patschi »

kevpan815

« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2013, 04:30:34 AM »
Wish I could get the Final Version to Install, Google Play Store is saying that Avast Mobile Security 3.0 Final is NOT compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android Operating System 4.2.2. Someone in the Google+ Forum thinks that this problem ONLY affects BOTH Android 4.2.2 AND Android 4.3! I don't know if that's true or NOT. I will post this in the Regular Forum as well, I just wanted to make sure the Beta Team knows that I am having a Problem Installing the Final Version of Avast Mobile Security from the Google Play Store!

binhvirile

« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2013, 04:53:38 AM »
The second issue is, that avast Backup is always in english even I changed the language in the main app to German.

Yes, avast Backup supports only English now. We (translators) haven't translated the Backup yet.

erniedebruin

« Reply #206 on: August 15, 2013, 11:49:02 AM »
Anyone else experiencing an error when using the voucher code?

The voucher code has been disabled (Due to piracy), please contact support

kevpan815

« Reply #207 on: August 15, 2013, 12:04:40 PM »
Anyone else experiencing an error when using the voucher code?

The voucher code has been disabled (Due to piracy), please contact support

That's most likely because the Beta is OVER and the Official Release is out now. Unless you actually help out and help test the Beta while it's still in Beta, you have no right to try to claim that Voucher Code!

kevpan815

« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2013, 12:10:12 PM »
Avast Mobile Security 3.0 is now finally installing once again from the Google Play Store without the need of a .apk file. Thank you Avast Beta Team for fixing the problem with in the 24 hours of Official Release of 3.0 (like you promised me).

Fabioalex

« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2013, 08:45:54 PM »
Where I´ll receive my voucher ???