Author Topic: cgi ?  (Read 4275 times)

lian

cgi ?
« on: April 25, 2005, 11:14:42 AM »
Hello,
I've got a problem with IE: I cannot open pages with cgi scripts (I could some weeks ago so) and I wanted to know if Avast could block this scrips (I tried to suspend or stop Web service and share (? sorry I've got the french version) service but then, I cannot surf anymore ???
The problem does not appear with Firefox so I think it is not a Avast problem and I ask just to be sure.
Thank you for an eventual answer.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: cgi ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 09:40:53 PM »
Can you post the web page address?
It's not an avast Home feature... I mean, are you using the trial version or the Pro one? They have the Script blocker module. Home, not.
Anyway, it's strange that 'disabling' WebShield will remove your hability to connect...
Can you post more information about your system? (operational system, firewall, etc...)
The best things in life are free.

lian

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 10:22:43 PM »
http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pb.cgi?

The web page that I cannot see :-(
Well, it seems I was wrong (Avast Home edition) with problems of connection without Webshield because it works fine today (but I've got the last version of Avast from today :-))
WinXP SP1; Kerio 2 firewall
Thank you for your answer.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 10:30:04 PM »
Why don't you get Windows XP SP2?

lian

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 10:45:57 PM »
well well well I've read too much things about SP2 and some softwares I use so I did not install it for the moment (but I HAVE the SP2 CD just near my hand  ;D).
I have to install it to see that site ?(it worked perfectly some times ago).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 10:54:42 PM »
I have to install it to see that site ?(it worked perfectly some times ago).
No, of course not, but SP2 brings a lot of security features that you're missing...
In fact, if you're using the Home version of avast, you should see that page as in Firefox...
But, maybe, it's a WebShield problem and with the link you've posted they could analyse it...

lian

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 08:27:03 AM »
Thank you for your answers.
Its was a good motivation to install SP2  ;)

lian

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 12:27:24 PM »
OK, I solved the problem. It was Free Download Manager that made interferences with IE. I uninstalled it and all work fine...