Author Topic: How To....  (Read 2897 times)

WKMahler

How To....
« on: April 29, 2005, 06:20:26 PM »
Hi,

So far, so good no interface problems and Avast found a virus, deleted it before Norton could figure out what was going on.

The only question I have is how do I stop the message that pops up when scanning all incoming and outgoing mail and news?  I refer to that of which has a light yellow background and the blue bar top that lists the in and out coming email addresses and stretches across the screen?

I do want the mail and news scanning but just silent.

Thanks  muchly

William Mahler

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How To....
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 07:13:21 PM »
So far, so good no interface problems and Avast found a virus, deleted it before Norton could figure out what was going on.

If you are running two resident scanners (especially if one of them is Norton), you are risking conflict).

Personally I don't use silent mode, because I want to know what is going on with my system. If someone is getting so many warnings of virus infection, infected emails, etc. that they become intrusive, then it is time to review their security practice - filter emails at source, delete from server rather than download them, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security