Author Topic: Can email Viruses be automatically deleted?  (Read 2573 times)

smeilach

Can email Viruses be automatically deleted?
« on: April 29, 2005, 06:15:55 PM »
 ??? I'm getting viruses every day from email and Avast always prompts me what to do with it. Is there a way to automatically delete them? I went to the Internt Email section of the On-Access Scanner and I can't find a feature like this.

If it's a confirmed virus, delete it, don't ask for a prompt since I may be away from the computer.

Thanks

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Can email Viruses be automatically deleted?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 06:17:39 PM »
Enable Silent Mode and select general answer No. This will automatically send infected attachements to chest.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Can email Viruses be automatically deleted?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 07:16:37 PM »

Personally I don't use silent mode, because I want to know what is going on with my system. If someone is getting so many warnings of virus infection, infected emails, etc. that they become intrusive, then it is time to review their security practice - filter emails at source, delete from server rather than download them, etc.

I use MailWasher Pro to scan and delete from the server before downloading the remaining email with my email client. There is a freeware version of mailwasher which can be used on a single email account.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security