Author Topic: Prtoblem actioning scan results  (Read 2023 times)

Luddite

Prtoblem actioning scan results
« on: August 03, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »
First, I'm old, I'm not computer literate, I'm struggling!  I have a new computer running Windows7 which is new to me, on a 64 bit system (I'm told!)

Just did a full scan and got a no virus result but it said that "some files could not be scanned" and when I look at the 'help' stuff it tells me that these files are probably ok.

So I'm trying to tell Avast to 'do nothing'.  But in the scan results box, nothing happens if I click on the drop down menu under 'Actions', ie I can't see the options.
It won't let me select any of the results.
If I select 'Apply this action to all' at the bottom, then click 'Apply' - nothing happens.

I'm baffled  :-\  - can anyone help (without asking me highly technical questions which I may not understand!)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Prtoblem actioning scan results
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »
files that can not be scanned for reason given by avast is just a scan error message
files that can not be scanned does not mean they are infected, just that avast could not scan them for reason given

avast is a antivirus program and will only take action on infected files

files that can not be scanned is this forums most frequently asked question, once a week i guess, so plenty info if you forum search

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 01:49:31 PM by Pondus »

Luddite

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 06:14:21 PM »
Thanks, that makes sense I guess.  I did try to search but couldn't find the info - did say I'm not very good on the computer!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 07:05:14 PM »
search fore    "files that can not be scanned"     including the "