Author Topic: Avast Problem  (Read 17758 times)

Avast Problem
« on: August 04, 2013, 03:19:16 PM »
Hello!
Well umm...
I've avast pro version i mean activated one which my family bought for 3 computers.
We have activated it on 2 computers for now.
on mine and my mum's
and one is more avaiable which is not used yet.

So,the problem is I'm downloading much stuff from the Internet i mean not so much but some programs like Steam and etc...
and on 60% of programs i download avast disables internet for these applications and f*cks up a lot of my programs.

the worse part is i go to settings and i allow all connections to application like steam and it doesn't work again.
i tried re installing steam,pausing every single avasts protection but didn't work
and avast even blocks internet for microsoft like windows update.

So for now i want to uninstall my Avast antivirus because it's giving me problems.
Maybe after some time I'll download it again but my another problem is that
when i uninstall it,if i install it again when i put my license file it will activate my 3rd computer and license will not be able to be used again.
so how can i uninstall it and after some time install it again but that it still recognises my computer(2nd computer activated with that license) but that we still have 1 computer available to put protection on?

sorry for my english but since my family bought it even if i re install my windows i am suppost to have my protection because my family bought it and that protection should be the one that i had before and not the one by using a new computer in license(3rd one) i want to have 2nd one which i activated like a month ago

Offline A. User

Re: Avast Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 03:25:02 PM »
Hi 782458, are you sure that avast is causing these problems? What is your firewall? ::)

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 03:29:37 PM »
i don't know what u mean by what firewall i have but only thing i have which is protecting me is avast(well actually i had only avast at the time when i tried installing Steam)
but nothing else could be blocking my programs to work because i seen it already
i've made even my browser using visual studio 2012 and it just f*cked up my browser it doesn't work anymore...

thats only thing i had at that time  and now i only have advanced system care(never blocks any program from having internet) malware bytes(never blocks any program from having internet) anti malware and avast(blocks...alot....)

Offline A. User

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 03:48:21 PM »
Please restart your PC and your router(if you have) and check if you have internet connection.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 03:56:44 PM »
umm yes i have it and btw windows update error which was caused by avast says this

Windows Update error 80072efd

If you receive Windows Update error 80072efd while checking for updates, it usually means that a program running on your computer is preventing Windows Update Services (SVCHOST) from accessing the Internet. Programs that might do this include firewalls, antispyware software, web accelerators, Internet security or antivirus programs, and proxy servers.

To correct the problem, you might need to add the Windows Update website addresses to the blocking program's exceptions or to its "allow" list or you may have to allow Windows Update Service to connect to the Internet through port 80 and port 443.

To add the Windows Update websites to a firewall exceptions list
Windows Firewall ships with this version of Windows and should already include these sites in the exceptions list. If you use a different firewall, refer to the software publisher's Help to see how to add these websites to your firewall exceptions list:

http://*.update.microsoft.com

https://*.update.microsoft.com

http://download.windowsupdate.com

For more information about firewalls, see What is a firewall? or Understanding Windows Firewall settings.

If the problem persists after you have added the Windows Update websites to your firewall's exceptions list, go to this Knowledge Base article on the Microsoft Help and Support website or go to the Microsoft Update Solution Center website to request support by e‑mail.

Error codes:

WindowsUpdate_80072efd

80072efd

0x80072efd

and yeah since programs couldn't work because they couldn't connect to the internet at the time when i only had avast means that avast is for sure blocking it
but i want to uninstall it but that after some time i can install it again and that it can load up my license which i have right now in avast because we used 2 computers of 3 available in license  and when i re install avast after few weeks i want that avast loads up 2nd computer license so that it doesn't touch 3rd available license which was never used yet.
i hope you understand my problem

edit:also there in windows error help there it says that i should put some url-s that avast willl ignore and i done it already but doesn't work.

Offline A. User

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 04:03:33 PM »
Ok. Please shut down avast by right-clicking the avast tray icon and try to see if you have internet. If the problem still persists then switch on avast and shut down your firewall. Test the connection again and report. ::)

Offline A. User

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
If you don't have internet copy and paste the code below in Windows Notepad.

Code: [Select]
@Echo off
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
cls
echo Script finished.
pause
del %0

In Notepad, click File and then Save. Type reset.bat for the file name. Change Save as Type to All Files, and then save the file to your desktop. After the file is saved, double-click on the file to open it. Once it's finished running, restart your computer. Check to see if your Internet connection is restored.

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 04:50:32 PM »
i've tried stopping it and didnt work
then i done your thing reseting network settings or whatever ur code was for and in cmd it said script successful i rebooted my computer and when i go to update it says 439 mb download 0% complete and the % doesn't increase at all...

edit: now it says error and same problem
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:53:57 PM by 782458 »

Offline A. User

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 05:25:25 PM »
If you have a router then reset it to the default settings. What is that error?

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 05:39:25 PM »
man look whatever i reset it won't work because of avast
it says that it cant connect to internet(windows update service) because some firewall is blocking it(avast)

so listen
my family bought avast license for 3 computers
we used 2 computers in that license

mine and of my mother license.

so 1 computer is left which can be used

but the problem is i want to uninstall avast for some time from my computer and after few weeks install it again.

but the problem what im talking about is if i download it and put the license file it will use 3rd available computer in license and i want that it uses 2nd computer which it used before.

do you understand me???

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 07:04:25 PM »
hello?

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 07:12:17 PM »
You can install Avast at 3 PCs at the same time. If you uninstall Avast from your PC you have 2 licenses left for any PC.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »
thank you for answer DJBone

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 07:25:52 PM »
You're welcome! :)

For further investigations of your problem please answer some questions:
- Which OS? (32/64 Bit - which SP)
- Which program version (8.0.1489 is the latest)?
- Other security related software installed?
- Which AV program was installed before? And how was it uninstalled?

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 07:36:51 PM »
okey and btw why is my internet slower after uninstallation of avast internet security?it's slower only in my computer...
i don't know why this happens