Author Topic: "File Missing"  (Read 4790 times)

TMB

"File Missing"
« on: April 30, 2005, 09:18:02 PM »
 ???When I run "Hijack" to see if any meyterious bits are running on my machine, I always get two entires in the Service category that are related to avast!.

The messages are:

Service: avast! Antivirus-Unknown Owner - C:\Program File\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" (file missing).

The other message is identical except the executable is ashWebSv.exe.

My avast! seems to be running fine. But I am curious as to what this may mean. I bet there are some experts here that can help me.

Thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: "File Missing"
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 09:38:09 PM »
Service: avast! Antivirus-Unknown Owner - C:\Program File\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" (file missing).
The other message is identical except the executable is ashWebSv.exe.
My avast! seems to be running fine. But I am curious as to what this may mean. I bet there are some experts here that can help me.
Did you install avast! twice? One in the default folder, then uninstall and then, the one you're using now, in other folder, different from C:\Program File\Alwil Software\Avast4\ ?
The best things in life are free.

TMB

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 09:50:31 PM »
No, it s only in the Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4 folder. I did a search and that was the only place it showed up.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 09:59:46 PM »
No, it s only in the Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4 folder. I did a search and that was the only place it showed up.
But, did you install avast! twice in different folders?
Is this a typo or not?
\Program File\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
The best things in life are free.

TMB

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 10:11:56 PM »
I'm sorry. Yes, that was a typo. it should have read Program Files.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 10:24:08 PM »
Ignore any 023 reference to avast processes, this is a hiccup in the HJT 1.99.1, the files aren't missing and they should be working, you can check the locations Technical gave.

Same on my system when scanned by HJT 1.99.1. there is nothing to worry about.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

TMB

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 10:28:28 PM »
Excellent! I knew I came to the right place. Everything is working fine, so I didn't think they were missing but I try to keep as much Stuff out of the hijack list as I can.

Thanks.