Author Topic: FBI Virus!  (Read 17687 times)

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: FBI Virus!
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 07:35:37 PM »
Craigb..."This is not your thread to hijack"....it is not your thread either.
I never said it was  ??? your arrogance and persistence to drive this thread off topic is very disrespectful ::)
Absolutely agree here about hijacking a thread.  As the OP's thread has absolutely nothing to do with third-party effectiveness against ransomware and everything to do with a ransomware infection the OP he/she has, please refrain from posting again here.  Unless you have support or advice about remediating the OP's real issue, again, please refrain from posting in this thread.   :o :o :o
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 07:40:25 PM by mchain »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »
Hi well hehe the FBI or it depends where you are it could be the OPP has locked your pc until you pay is not a virus it is malware. If you are getting it the best way to stop it is stop using the web page that gives it to you. It does not destroy any files or attach to any files also takes about 5 min to remove that includes the boot time.
Sorry, but the same warning given above to the previous member applies to you.  You can watch and learn, but please stay on topic if you do post.   :o
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Hammey

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 09:48:25 PM »
Hi all I talked about was the FBI or police malware which is the same thing. How to not get it and that it is not hard to remove and is malware not a virus. I feel that is what the topic was about. If you do not like my posts please feel free to delete them or ban me from posting. As for learning I am 60 years old started in the pc business in 1989 there is nothing you can teach me about virus removal. But if you want feel free to pick on me, having a bad day are we.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 09:59:27 PM »
Please do not use argument, that no software is 100% perfect. Suggested third party software is?
no, they are not....
if you follow Essexboys work you will see that he is using more then one tool, it depends on what infection...

kodl

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 07:55:13 PM »
Hammey, as you surely noticed, in this forum there are some "young guns" , which with their arrogance do not know about life around them. They don't want be criticize or they do not like that Avast can be criticize. They will learn.......

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 08:55:13 PM »
Hi all I talked about was the FBI or police malware which is the same thing. How to not get it and that it is not hard to remove and is malware not a virus. I feel that is what the topic was about. If you do not like my posts please feel free to delete them or ban me from posting. As for learning I am 60 years old started in the pc business in 1989 there is nothing you can teach me about virus removal. But if you want feel free to pick on me, having a bad day are we.
This malware is evolving and now blocks safe mode so the only realistic way to remove it is from outside windows.  If someone gets this, as far they as they are concerned there is no distinction between virus or malware

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 11:01:04 PM »
This malware is evolving and now blocks safe mode so the only realistic way to remove it is from outside windows.  If someone gets this, as far they as they are concerned there is no distinction between virus or malware
Does avast! prevent this?
Is it in-the-wild to worth a blog post on cleaning or not?
The best things in life are free.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 11:06:54 PM »
It depends on which variant it is Tech,  Avast needs to monitor the winlogon key and stop any changes being made without authorisation

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 11:27:53 PM »
It depends on which variant it is Tech,  Avast needs to monitor the winlogon key and stop any changes being made without authorisation
And does avast! do it or not? Are we protected?
Is there a general "cleaning" routine for it that you can share?
Thanks.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 11:39:52 PM »
Is there a general "cleaning" routine for it that you can share?
Here is one, think Bob3160 have posted it before
https://www.norman.no/uk/home_and_small_office/help_support/removal_of_police_virus_and_other_ramsonware

iroc9555

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2013, 12:13:07 AM »
Pondus, the site that you posted has an certificate error due to Google chrome.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2013, 01:04:31 AM »
Pondus, the site that you posted has an certificate error due to Google chrome.
working fine here on IE..... but got the same on Opera...just approved and it loaded fine
the site is at Norman antivirus

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2013, 01:18:31 AM »
Thanks for the tutorials.

true indian

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2013, 11:20:52 AM »
Craigb..."This is not your thread to hijack"....it is not your thread either. About my post, I welcome ANY ideas, just it is nonsense to repeated argument I already heard from Avast about,''you know what? Just don't use it". Or argument like....there is no 100% efficient software" So, what is the point to use third party "not 100% efficient software"?That's what I was talking about.

Look,if you need 100% security then layer your security up.

All of us here are volunteers,did you even try googling on how many viruses come out everyday?

Eg: avast+MBAM PRO+ comodo fw+ safe browsing habits + your brian A.K.A. common sense + a good browser with security plugins like noscript,WOT etc

If you have crazy browsing skills,nothing is gonna save you!!its the fact.

If you got infected,its your goddamn fault,not avast's fault,you can leave the machine running there for ages and it will never get infected unless you mess around with it.

Why will some people never get the facts in their head? probably because in a harsh language they are "noobs" who think no end to themselves..meh..  ::)

With over 185+ million user base,the amount of people who get infected are very small and most get help here in removal using specially made 3rd-party tools.Not just 1 of those tools do the whole job but instead all tools do it,they help each other to remove the infection just as layered security does to prevent them.

Many tools like OTL require a expert input to remove infections and many like combofix do some automated as well as user based input removal.

For your information,avast has been drastically improving since past year with detection mechanism;s like evo-gen and they will be upping their game further this year,time to read:
http://rejzor.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/avast-antivirus-2014-announced/

So anything else Mr.Counseller??  ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:49:49 AM by true indian »