Author Topic: Google Chrome cant execute?  (Read 12934 times)

Lulz

Google Chrome cant execute?
« on: August 05, 2013, 08:12:07 PM »
Hey guys! Name's Iggy! Just joined the forum today because my web browser I use is not launching. Yesterday I had decided to uninstall Norton internet security and install avast free , online armor firewall and  spyware blaster. I had downloaded all the setups and the Norton remover tool. I booted into safemode, uninstalled Norton, restarted the comp and booted into safemodr again. I theninstalled avast , spyware blaster and online armor. The next morning I got on my laptop feeling good that I had some layers of protection. I attempted to launch Google chrome but and error popped up. It stated the Google chrome pathway and underneath said: server execution failed.

Now I want to know what I can do to have things rubbing smoothly again. Also is there any files I should put  to allow on both avast and the firewall and spyware blaster so they do not conflict? Also...how do you put spyware blaster in resident mode?
Thanks!
       Your forum member Iggy!

cooby

Re: Google Chrome cant execute?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 09:00:01 PM »
No idea about chrome issue, I don't use it.

As to your other questions:
Many firewalls these days include HIPS (host intrusion protection). I think OnlineArmor has HIPS. Do some reading. Make sure it will not conflict with Avast's behavior shield. Both shouldn't run at the same time IMO. But only users of OA or Avast experts can confirm if what I say is right.
By conflict I mean either computer troubles, slowness, or less protection than you wish you had.

Spyware blaster is not normally resident. Perhaps if you pay, its automatic update delivery might be running. The beauty of SB is that it does its job, and goes away. No conflicts possible.
Old but still valid reference
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/use-spywareblaster-to-protect-your-computer/

Lulz

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 10:05:08 PM »
Thank you very much! Maybe installing those three caused a change in my DEP settings? I also use windows 8.

Lulz

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 12:37:51 AM »
Any help?are

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 02:10:11 AM »
Have you tried to re-install Chrome?

I don't see any reason Chrome would "not" work.
Any other security software besides OA Free, avast, Spyware Blaster?
None of those should cause a problem.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Lulz

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 04:49:03 AM »
Oh.. nope I haven't tried that! I probably should then eh? I just hope that the three programs I have aren't conflicting with one another....

iroc9555

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 04:57:34 AM »
SpywareBlaster will not give you any trouble. I can assure you that. Now if you want to exclude OA and Avast! from each other, you can follow SafeSurf guide here:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=91696.msg729839#msg729839

Lulz

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 06:32:05 AM »
Thank you so much! But should I install avast first then oa in Order to have exclusions work well?

iroc9555

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 09:45:53 PM »
AV is always first. Depending on your sys and third party firewall ( Some third party firewalls might disable WF automatically others do not ) disable Windows firewall and install OA. Do your corresponding exclusions.

Lulz

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 04:59:54 AM »
Can I install oa in safe mode?

Lulz

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 09:56:33 AM »
><?

Lulz

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 06:38:27 AM »
bump.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 07:13:23 AM »
hi Lulz,

Symantec, McAfee, Kaspersky, are notorious for causing internet connectivity issues, especially when they expire.  They don't tell you that.  This is a well-known secret in the IT community, so you need to ensure all traces of NIS is totally gone:  http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

IF you are running another Symantec product, then use of either/all Norton/Symantec removal program(s) will remove that also.  You may need to re-install that program or maybe choose another product to replace it.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Lulz

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 02:44:26 PM »
Hey thank you very much, but I just wanted to know if I should install online armor in safe mode to make sure I don't mess up a bunch of things with my windows firewall.

And is Online Armor a good free firewall?

Lulz

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 05:42:06 PM »
Bump.