Author Topic: ashserv.exe  (Read 5796 times)

CHEFMIKE220

ashserv.exe
« on: May 01, 2005, 11:28:32 AM »
???JUST WONDERING,  THE PROCESS   ASHSERV.EXE  DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS NEEDED TO RUN  AVAST....CAN I DELETE IT SAFELY ?    WHAT IS IT FOR ?  I LOVE AVAST AND I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING TO JEOPARDIZE THE PROGRAM.   THANKS, THE CHEF

galooma

Re: ashserv.exe
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 11:47:35 AM »
HI and welcome Mike,
I presume you are trying to make AVAST! a bit less taxing on your system and you picked out the one doing all the work, if you go messing with that file you may as well uninstall the whole program.
At least you had the sense to ask before you went ahead and did it. ;D

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 11:49:05 AM »
???JUST WONDERING,  THE PROCESS   ASHSERV.EXE  DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS NEEDED TO RUN  AVAST....CAN I DELETE IT SAFELY ?    WHAT IS IT FOR ?  I LOVE AVAST AND I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING TO JEOPARDIZE THE PROGRAM.   THANKS, THE CHEF

CHEF mate don't delete ashServ.exe is the scanning engine for avast kernel it is essential  ;D
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 03:03:09 PM »
Chef, as other said, ashserv.exe is the kernel of avast! antivirus. Without it, without avast, without protection.
Oh, the forum protocol is not use CAPS as you're not yealing here  ;)
The best things in life are free.

CHEFMIKE220

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 01:30:27 PM »
Thank you very much for the replies.... I guess I should keep this file in tact    he he he
 Thanks again,    ChefMike