Author Topic: McAfee support are idiots!  (Read 3575 times)

Offline A. User

McAfee support are idiots!
« on: August 06, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »
I have tried their support because McAfee SiteAdvisor was not updating(it still doesn't update) and they told me that i have to uninstall all of my 3rd party security programs(incl.Avast >:( >:() and install McAfee in order to SiteAdvisor working properly. Hehe, they are idiots and they think that because they are idiots i also has to be an idiot  ::). There are many users in the forum that are using McAfee site advisor without any errors. I'm definitely not going to uninstall avast in order to use their sh*ts! So my question is is this normal:

Note- today is 6th of August.

Edit: clicking on check for updates tells me that siteadvisor don't have to be updated.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:16:29 PM by liubomirwm »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: McAfee support are idiots!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 04:19:34 PM »
I don't use it but my question to you would be do you need it ? you already have TrafficLight and are connected through Norton DNS so I would think you are already covered in those areas and SiteAdviser is just overkill.

Offline A. User

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 04:24:06 PM »
I installed it for a trial and has asked them is this normal just to know is this siteadvisor updating frequently or not.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 04:28:03 PM »
Fair enough, I guess you already have the answer from them so due to lack of support the next step is to get rid of their crap ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:02:07 PM by craigb »

Offline A. User

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 04:29:47 PM »
After 1 minute McAfee SiteAdvisor is going out of my pc and out of my sig ;D ;D

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 05:01:23 PM »
Liubomirwm why don,t use Avast WebRep?

thug4real

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 05:03:08 PM »
Liubomirwm why don,t use Avast WebRep?
Or WOT

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 05:03:25 PM »
I don't know if they have given SiteAdvisor a short shark kick in the rear, but in the past its SiteAdvisor database used to be abysmal with some site reviews as much as six months old.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline A. User

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 06:29:57 PM »
Webrep is part of avast and i'm using it. There is a very small difference between web of trust and avast webrep, they're basically the same. What do you think about Bitdefender Trafficlight (i mean the full version 1.5.0.201). I was evaluating siteadvisor and i visited some malware sites, almost none of them was blocked (they are new sites, from today). And those blocked was blocked after avast shown me the malware blocked popup. Just too slow. If i was trusting only on McAfee, i will be infected and after that mcafee will found that this page is malicious ;D ;D