Author Topic: My new skin project  (Read 9383 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: My new skin project
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 06:40:40 PM »
Ok now this is gonna take a bit longer. I forgot nearly everything since my last project and now it took me 10min to load base.bmp properly and adjust display_area >:(
If i'd only had an empty ActiveSKin project file (just without bitmaps). This would help me alot. Sasha,do you have one that is empty? It's really hard to track every thing from another skin and make it from scratch in my new project file.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 06:56:49 PM »
Sorry, I don't have any empty template or something like that. My advice is to always use some of the existing skins. Just because some weird things are happening with SkinBuilder. For example... if you wanna start from the scratch, you wanna make a button... everything works fine except, when you hover over that button, you'll not see little hand... you'll still see your mouse pointer arrow...

Also, I don't know where are those values located, but it looks that some things are kinda hardocoded inside existing skins... for example... try to change the name of any button on some existing skin... let's say, MENU button...

Compile the skin, and start it in avast! There is no little hand anymore... just your arrow when you hover over it... also, that little pop-up window is not showing up anymore. Where are those settings inside SkinBuilder. I can not find anything, and I've searched heaven and hell, believe me...

Same thing when you create new button... how to assign some action to that particular button. I had so many problems with latest skin Silhouette_3in1, with On-Demand Scan button. If you take a good look at it, there will be no little hand sign when you hover over it, and it suppose to be there when you hover over the button objects. I still have no clue how this works and how Martin assigned those actions for certain buttons. We should ask him for help on this one...
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 10:56:11 PM »
Have you found out anything regarding that button issue I mentioned in my previous post ?

P.S. Please take a look at this reply:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13208.msg112091#msg112091

I though it's impossible, but I managed to do that too... let me know are you interested to update that version on your web space, or maybe add new link (that would be much better IMHO)... anyway skin packages are not largein physical size...

Thanks in advance !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 11:15:16 PM »
Sure,just email me the stuff and i'll return you the link :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2005, 11:41:55 PM »
OK, thanks, I'm still working on this one, and as soon as I finish it, I'll send it to you...

Thanks again !