Author Topic: I'm not very happy with you...  (Read 4455 times)

killingtime

I'm not very happy with you...
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:22:35 PM »
I've been an Avast user since the BEGINNING of your company and always recommended Avast for the PC. I even have a tee shirt (the "fingerprint" one). I'm on a Mac now. Avast doesn't work on the Mac. Aside from virus issues, it is TOTALLY incompatible with not only the "iLife" apps (iPhoto, iMovie, PhotoBooth etc), it's incompatible with many good and stable graphics and video apps as well. It's taken me DAYS to track it down and countless crashes and reboots. So, WTF? Avast? WTF? is up with that? Bye.

REDACTED

Re: I'm not very happy with you...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 04:23:37 AM »
Although this topic's post is 120 days ago, it doesn't matter because it came up when I searched, "Avast not compatible for MAC"! (So first of all, why bother having the post come up in the first place you idiots? Second, Why advertise on CNet & and your website that it IS compatible for MAC/IOS/Safari programs - then we purchase your product for $69.99 - only to find it WILL NOT WORK!!!

I am FURIOUS!! I sent your company an email on January 9th the day I purchased this "product" asking for HELP. I get a automated response by email, and it replies that my issue is on the "LOWEST PRIORITY" of the totem pole of needing help scale - SERIOUSLY????? Gee, thanks, that makes me feel like a VALUED CUSTOMER!!! Especially after SPENDING $70 dollars of my hard earned money on your INCOMPATIBLE PIECE OF CRAP!!

I FINALLY get an email from you on gee, nearly a MONTH later on February 6 - where you ask, "Have I had my problem resolved? Because I need to respond within 72 hours or my "help receipt" will close. I cannot believe this farcical way of running a business!! How do you stay afloat?

So I send you a "response" immediately - I certainly don't want to miss my "72 hour window" (heaven forbid that to happen!). I let you know exactly how I feel about your lousy customer service and that NO! YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN CARE OF MY PROBLEM and NO NOTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED!!

The next day, I get an email from "Selma" in your Customer Service.... wow, you mean you actually "have a CS Dept.??" Asking me if my issue has been resolved.... phhhhhhtttt.

Again, I repeat the story and copy/paste the emails I have received from Avast and the ones I sent back - NO, NO, NO, NO! It is at this time I say, I am extremely dissatisfied and would like to have my money refunded. Please take care of this matter as soon as possible.

As of today.... I have heard NOTHING.....silence.... crickets.

I am contacting the Better Business Bureau on Avast and I am going to take them to small claims court if I do not receive my full refund within 10 days after I post this frustration out there.
IF you have A MAC computer - and you're in the situation that myself and the previous post guy has - I'd like to hear what you have to say. If you have a MAC and this program works for you ---- I sure would like to know what in the world you did to make it work! I have a MacBook Air less than 2 years old and everything on my computer is updated with no issues. I am tech savvy, so that is not the issue. I have used Avast before 2 years ago, when I had a Dell Inspirion - for windows of course. Yes, I did not purchase the wrong product. I was getting a renewed license and making sure I purchased the correct product for MAC/IOS and not windows but for Safari. So I have gotten NOWHERE with Avast. I am done with them!!!

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 05:17:06 PM »
Maybe if you would describe the issue so exhaustively like you did describe your Avast customer care experience, someone
could help you here...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 07:42:28 PM »
Although this topic's post is 120 days ago, it doesn't matter because it came up when I searched, "Avast not compatible for MAC"! (So first of all, why bother having the post come up in the first place you idiots?
And where/how did you search and with what settings?
Second, Why advertise on CNet & and your website that it IS compatible for MAC/IOS/Safari programs - then we purchase your product for $69.99 - only to find it WILL NOT WORK!!!
Because it is compatible. If it doesn't work on your system, the problem is with your system/configuration in combination with avast. There are millions of mac users that don't have any problem.
I am FURIOUS!! I sent your company an email on January 9th the day I purchased this "product" asking for HELP. I get a automated response by email, and it replies that my issue is on the "LOWEST PRIORITY" of the totem pole of needing help scale - SERIOUSLY??
Ofcourse it is. You very likely have changed the priority yourself.
I let you know exactly how I feel about your lousy customer service and that NO! YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN CARE OF MY PROBLEM and NO NOTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED!!
Very likely because you haven't provided any details and have not being polite in your ticket message.
I am extremely dissatisfied and would like to have my money refunded. Please take care of this matter as soon as possible.
If you want a refund, you need to submit a ticket and ask for it as has been explained/told 1000's of times.
I am contacting the Better Business Bureau on Avast and I am going to take them to small claims court if I do not receive my full refund within 10 days after I post this frustration out there.
Go ahead if you want to waste your time and money. avast hasn't done anything wrong. They are operating within the laws/rules.

To make a long story short...
You catch more flies with honey then with vinegar.

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 06:50:37 AM »
Although this topic's post is 120 days ago, it doesn't matter because it came up when I searched, "Avast not compatible for MAC"! (So first of all, why bother having the post come up in the first place you idiots? Second, Why advertise on CNet & and your website that it IS compatible for MAC/IOS/Safari programs - then we purchase your product for $69.99 - only to find it WILL NOT WORK!!!

Speaking of idiots, from the description you bought/downloaded the Windows version.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:47:16 PM by specimen9999 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 06:54:34 AM »
It sure does sound like it since the mac version is free:
https://www.avast.com/free-mac-security