Author Topic: New skin is coming (Silhouette_4in1)...  (Read 123321 times)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
New skin is coming (Silhouette_4in1)...
« on: May 02, 2005, 09:53:49 PM »
RejZor started this professional skins fever, and since it looks like good idea, I decided to try with something new...

This one should follow avast! web site design. Any comments are very much appreciated.

Thanks !

Cheers !

« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 02:19:40 PM by /szc\ »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
Re: New skin is coming...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 10:02:22 PM »
i like it(looks professional,matches with avast very well)when will it be available?bri

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 10:05:14 PM »
Wow... oh, my opinion is suspect here as I always like Sasha's skins.
My suggestion? Well, what they think it is a professional skin?
If we can get it we won't listen this anymore  :P
The best things in life are free.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 10:14:35 PM »
Omg omg omg :o :o :o Now this design kicks ass ^2
Make the buttons same flat design and you're winner :)
I just always wondered if it's possible to hide those Local Disks/Removal media/Folders,before they are acually needed. You'd have button named On-Demand and when you'd press it you'd get these buttons and not before.
But for now i haven't got that far...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 10:26:27 PM »
Thanks people... don't think that I don't wanna hear constructive criticism. I need everything you can give, so I can turn this process into desired direction. You all know that I really care what avast! users think, so it is very important to me that I hear from you people... like always.

@ RejZor - what do you mean by "flat design" buttons ? Just plain square buttons or something else ? With this particular skin, I just tried to 100% follow the official web site design... see here under QUICK LINKS section ( Desktop solutions, Small Business solutions, Corporate solutions ):

http://www.avast.com/index.html

I tried to make same buttons as those from the web site, but if you people think those should be changed into something else... let's hear those opinions. I can work on it, and make something different if you want...

RejZor - your idea about ON-DEMAND button, and hidden Local Disks/Removal media/Folders buttons is wonderful, but I am not aware how to do that at this point. I think, we should talk to Alwil guys and see is it possible to do that only from inside the code, or we can do something from the skin... which I highly doubt just because you know how much our work in SkinBuilder is limited... all we can control are those animations and graphics...  :-\
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 10:28:45 PM »
i like it(looks professional,matches with avast very well)when will it be available?bri

Thanks bri. I can't say much right now, since I have few other projects running at this point, but I'm working on it and it's just a matter of days... I still want to hear your opinions people, and I don't want to start compiling it before I hear suggestions and comments.

Thanks again !
Cheers !

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 10:33:09 PM »
No,i meant that buttons should be flat,not with some 3D effect.
But as you said,you'll follow website design,so buttons will be as they should.

I was thinking about that On-Demand button to act similar to On-Access sensitivity level button on Simple interface. But so far it's only in my head. I still have to install ActiveSkin again...

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 10:43:04 PM »
I understand you regarding buttons, but one thing is not quite clear... I really don't see any sign of 3D in those buttons except that diagonal cut-off on one corner. I thought, you want to have sharp square instead ot those on the screenshot. Buttons are single coloured with just one additional color and that's orange, from the web site.

On-Demand and On-Access buttons would be nice to have, but unfortunately, if you try to "dig" little bit in SkinBuilder, you'll find that there is nothing that will point us what are those functions for specific buttons. We can't see where is the link between buttons and that particular function inside the code... if there is something like that, sure we could use those information and try to make something like that, but until then... I don't know...

Another thing, keeps bugging me... if we add those buttons, and then by pressing let's say On-Demand button, we invoke showing of those additional 3 buttons (Local Disks/Removal media/Folders) it doesn't sound like shortcut... so I'm sure we'll have many people complaining about that. Before they had those 3 buttons in front of them, ready for action, but this way, they would be forced to press On-Demand button first, and then one of those 3 buttons...

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 10:51:51 PM »
Actually you're right.
About buttons i meant compared to your previous skins where you usually used 3D effect on buttons. Don't listen to me or i'll just confuse you even more ;D
Just follow the website design as you first intended :)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 10:57:11 PM »
I'll try to see what else can be removed or maybe added (not much though, but as you can see, there are still missing those minimize, close and help buttons on this screenshot EDIT: I just added them ).

I would really like to hear from (as many as it's possible) avast! users. Everyone's opinion counts, just like yours... if you have better idea for buttons, just shoot  ;D I like to experiment with those things, as you already know...

Btw, your new skin (the one that's still in progress) is really good. I really like it... except maybe one small thing, if I may say... that font color seems little bit too dark comparing to background, or is it just me I don't know... maybe just a half tone down, just a color lighter... just a suggestion. Keep up great work !
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 11:49:54 PM by /szc\ »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 11:03:40 PM »
Yeah i was also thinking about that. Checkboxes were so dark that you hardly see checkmark inside. I'll probably go with lighter gray instead of dark one.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 11:13:57 PM »
The other thing that rips me is... I know that Vlk will not be too happy with idea of completely removing icons from this skin. I really wanted so bad to make one skin without those icons. When you think about everything, those icons are helping skins looking "music-player" like, which is the first thing we want to avoid, right ?

I remember Vlk said we should try not to go with English words inside those buttons, just because those can not be translated (of course, they are not text files, just plain bitmaps), so it may look strange when other languages are in use. But still, I would like to make this skin exactly as it is... without icons...

Offline rdsu

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 12:32:59 AM »
It's seems that this skin will be amazing ;D

It have a professional design... ;)
Avast Free Antivirus: Web Shield & Home Network Security.

Offline rdsu

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 12:36:23 AM »
Suggestion:

Don't put all the letters in uppercase in the information section... ;)
Avast Free Antivirus: Web Shield & Home Network Security.

MFB

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 12:47:19 AM »
Wow that's really awesome!  :D