Author Topic: New skin is coming (Silhouette_4in1)...  (Read 123413 times)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: New skin is coming...
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2005, 04:54:08 PM »
(actually there are 2 versions only left, 3in1 is out of the business since 4in1 completely "killed" it).
OK, in a couple of years, I'll start selling it in the black market as a "collector's item"  ;D

Haha, let me know if you manage to make even one cent on it  ;D  ;D  ;D
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2005, 06:19:55 PM »
I have downloaded all three versions and by far I prefer the 4in1 version, although they all have a professional look and feel to them, it comes down to personal preference.

With the latest version (4in1) it is the best version yet as it has a much cleaner line with the 4in1 rising together. It gets rid of that empty space below the On Demand Scan button of the 3in1 version.

I also like the Silhouette (vanilla version) and some may feel that this version allows for a slightly quicker access to the type of scan without first clicking the On-Demand Scan button. This however, does require some user knowledge of the types of avast scan (and a first time avast user may not have that experience), for this reason I feel that the Silhouette_4in1 (if that is to be its final not beta name) would be best for the novice user.

I think we have had a good number of people on the forums download these (perhaps RejZoR could let us know how many downloads have been made if his ISP has these stats) to confirm that they function as expected.
Is it now time to request that Aliwl have the Silhouette and Silhouette_4in1 added to the Skins download area?

If only one can be added I would suggest Silhouette_4in1 but I would also like to see the Silhouette (vanila version) added as well.

What do you all think?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2005, 06:34:08 PM »
Thanks David ! Thanks again... well put, I have nothing to add... Vanila version, haha, that's sounds so nice... I gues all we have to do now it to wait for somebody from Alwil to respond to this thread. Sure it would be great to hear from them, what they think of this little project. I already sent 4in1 to Vlk last night, and gave him link for standard version (Vanila... I really like this word), so he can download it form RejZoR's web space...

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2005, 02:22:24 PM »
I also wanted to direct your attention to following thing... yesterday I've got IM from my friend asking me this:

Well, now a little technical note: I see a small problem using the 4 in 1 skin: when both the sliding panel of Local Disk and Removable Media are open, it's impossible to close the Local Disks slide clicking on the small "x" icon. Maybe is a behavior of my pc only? (I must buy a serious graphic card, 'cause my old nVidia FX 5200 is slow)

Again, it's not the bug, and nothing is wrong with anyone's graphic card ( ;D) . It's completely normal avast! behavior. You all may already noticed that when you open those two sliding panels (REMOVABLE MEDIA and LOCAL DISKS) by pressing REMOVABLE MEDIA BUTTON, it's not possible to close those two sliding panels with little X box (close) located on LOCAL DISKS sliding panel. If you take a look at display area, you'll see that SCAN LOCAL DRIVES line is changing it's value from ON to OFF and backwards. So, it means, LOCAL DISKS panel does it's function...

After all, you brought those two sliding panels to your screen by pressing REMOVABLE MEDIA BUTTON, so you can not expect to close them with some other button, in this particular case with LOCAL DISKS. If you press little X box (close button) located on the REMOVABLE MEDIA sliding panel, panels will slide back in. Of course, if the state of SCAN LOCAL DRIVES line inside display area is still set to OFF (that means those options are not active, so avast! thinks: "OK, they are disabled, so I can close that panel as well"), on the other hand if the state of SCAN LOCAL DRIVES line is set to ON, you will be able to close just REMOVABLE MEDIA sliding panel, because then avast! thinks: "OK, LOCAL DISKS options are selected, and active, DO NOT CLOSE that panel yet"... Logically... It is how it suppose to work, believe me nothing is wrong. It's how everything works in avast!

To prove that, I'll ask you to do following thing:

1.) Start your avast! program (with this particular skin or any other made by any of our skin designers), click at REMOVABLE MEDIA BUTTON. That will bring those 2 sliding panels to the screen. Now, totally ignore those sliding panels for a moment, and focus on those 3 usually hidden buttons (LOCAL DISKS, FOLDER SELECTION and REMOVABLE MEDIA). Now, while those 2 sliding panels are still active and visible on the screen (DO NOT TOUCH THEM), just go and try to press LOCAL DISKS BUTTON (note that I said button, and not the little X located on the LOCAL DISKS sliding panel). What's happening ? Nothing... panels will not disappear... exactly the same thing like when you pressed LOCAL DISKS little X (close). Panels are not going to slide back in, and the state of the SCAN LOCAL DRIVES line inside the display area, will change from OFF to ON. You see ? It's how it works...

Now try any other skin from download section (doesn't matter who made it), you can try RejZoR's, or Darren's or even Martin's skin... always exactly the same results.

I already wrote once about these things, when I released avast! Brushed skin, but unfortunately I wasn't able to find that post yesterday... actually I somehow found it, and tried to make another post, just like this one, my session expired (at least that was the message I've got  ??? ), and I've lost everything I typed (ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!  >:( ). Now, I tried everything and I wasn't able for the World to find it again...

I hope this clears this thing a little bit...

Cheers !

EDIT: I still haven't heard from Alwil guys what do they think of this skin, and what are their opinions... I know one thing, that most likely I will have to change one more thing on this Silhouette skin... When I made BACLK LIQUID skin, Vlk asked me to change LOCAL DISKS name located on it's sliding panel, to SCANNING OPTIONS... so I will wait untill he gets back to me with information, does he wants me to do the same thing with this skin as well...

Alwil, please... any info would be greatly appreciated !
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 04:13:02 PM by /szc\ »

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #214 on: May 07, 2005, 07:15:37 PM »

Looks fantastic. Waiting for final version in website.  ;D

kamulko

« Reply #215 on: May 07, 2005, 08:20:32 PM »
censored by myself... but i think the most of television and other medias make more more and more than this innocent joke...  ::)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 02:46:28 AM by Kamulko! »

Offline xistenz

• Poster
« Reply #216 on: May 07, 2005, 08:25:12 PM »
Avast Men's Edition will out-sell Norton and McAfee combined!!!  ;D ;D ;D

kamulko

« Reply #217 on: May 07, 2005, 08:28:26 PM »
You are right, friend.

as the old wise man said:  "in war and love all it is possible!"

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #218 on: May 07, 2005, 08:29:05 PM »
Looks fantastic. Waiting for final version in website.  ;D

Thanks Ylap !

But, that screenshoot is taken from very first version of this skin. Latest version you can download if you take a look at this post:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13208.msg112191#msg112191

And here you can see few most recent screenshoots:

Cheers !
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 08:30:51 PM by /szc\ »

Newton

« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2005, 12:58:38 AM »
Sorry, Sasha & RejZor but I would want to suggest some small modification.... ahahah... ;D

Not sure that the "See the naked Alwil team" button is good marketing though...  ;)

Not many girls in their team. ;D

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2005, 11:02:56 AM »
And here you can see few most recent screenshoots:

Superb!!! In my opinion it will the best skin for avast ever created! Good job!  8) Who's the master? You're the MASTER!  ;D

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #221 on: May 08, 2005, 11:30:36 AM »
I've just downloaded both skin versions, and i can say the only thing - marvelous. But I prefer standart skin version than 4in1. On the other hand both of them looks fantastic. Nice job, very nice...  ;)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #222 on: May 08, 2005, 02:43:58 PM »
...but I prefer standart skin version than 4in1. On the other hand both of them looks fantastic. Nice job, very nice...  ;)

That's good Ylap, I'm glad opinions are different... that makes both versions interesting... you see ? That's why I think it would be great if we can have both versions listed in avast! download web location. That way, everybody could find something for his/her taste... I know that there will be some people, that feel much more comfortable with "standard" skin version (all 7 visible buttons --> 6 + Menu button) than switching all of a sudden to something "new"... that's why it would be great option to have them both over there.

We had similar situation with Matri-X-kin for girls and the version for boys... Actually I made only one version, but Vlk asked me to make another one, and he mentioned idea about having 2 versions... one for girls, and another one for boys. It looked like nice, innocent idea, and I listened to him, so today we have 2 versions ready for download.

Alwil, please can we hear something from your side ? At least what do you think about these 2 versions... please, your opinion counts very much, and I'm sure avast! users and forum members would like to hear from you as well...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 02:45:53 PM by /szc\ »

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #223 on: May 08, 2005, 02:56:09 PM »
Wish you to see your work in avast website available for download soon!  ;)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2005, 03:01:29 PM »
Thank you Ylap, when you say things like this, it gives me satisfaction... it makes my work worth of effort. If I see that avast! users are happy, then my job is really done well.

Thanks again !
Sasha