Author Topic: New skin is coming (Silhouette_4in1)...  (Read 122920 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: New skin is coming...
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 01:48:59 PM »
Tray fade in/fade out effect.

I hope you understood that part where i said that you should make Menu bar shorter (the one above these slider boxes) and make slider boxes below same width.
Sou the slider boxes would still be from one side to another,but with less empty space on each side. If you still don't know what i'm talking about,tell me and i'll take some time and paint it :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2005, 01:56:57 PM »
I know, I know... I'm using my spare time right now, and I'm playing with this. I'll make exactly as you showed in your screenshot, but I'll completely resize panel area (not panels) to she size of actual panels. Also, I already removed dotted line, and I have to say that it looks much better and simplier. If you have enough time, I'll post screenshoot in next, let's say 15 minutes...
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2005, 02:00:59 PM »
Hehe ;D I'm a great designer,but when it comes to actually throw all the bitmaps together i'm "finished". Not that i wouldn't be able,but it just takes too long to make anything that can be actually used as skin.
You have some serious graphics editing knowledge,so it's like playing with toy for you (i guess) ;) Anyway i'm glad you listened to my advices.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2005, 02:31:19 PM »
I always listen to good advices, and you know that, but still if I see something is "fighting" with certain things on the screen, I have to "kill" that idea in the roots  ;D

Here is how it suppose to look... I left 2 pixels on each side of the panels (left and right), because it looked really strange if I strech it all the way from left edge to the right one... I think it looks neat now, anyway, much better than before I believe...

« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 02:36:28 PM by /szc\ »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2005, 02:39:20 PM »
Just one more question... do you think... oh... first I have to explain what I mean... take a look at those fonts. Actually, those fonts are exactly the same (only one font - Verdana), but those wordings that actually presents buttons are non-anti-aliased, and those on sliding panels are anti-aliased (smooth edges).

Do you think we should keep them all sharp and non-anti-aliased like those at the top (Program MENU etc.) or should I make them smooth like those you can see on the sliding panels ? I kinda like those sharp for a change... I tried to make difference between those that are in use (clickable) and those that just shows us the names of the panel...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 02:40:56 PM by /szc\ »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2005, 02:42:47 PM »
Slider panels look perfect now :) Is that text above them "Program Menu" finished? Coz somehow it looks weird. Also make avast! Antivirus main text title a bit bigger.
And try to make that text to be outlined with orange. Just to see if it looks nice.

If not,just make this title text a bit bigger (around 50% bigger) and place it in the middle vertically.

Oh and the Question,minimize and close buttons. Do they need those extra two lines inside? Looks a bit funny on static picture. Maybe it's different when all states are enabled,but i'm still not sure. I'd just keep the middle part and remove the thick places on left and right side of the buttons.

EDIT:
Yup,i agree with you. Sharp text looks better.
Just move the Program Menu text in the middle of the bar :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 02:45:15 PM by RejZoR »

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2005, 02:48:47 PM »
Haha, I'm just in process of changing those buttons, although I tried to make them same as those arrows on the web site... we think same... I had good idea yesterday and now I'm using my spare time to make it reality. Regarding which text are you talking about that is not finished ? PROGRAM MENU or something third ?

Edit: Program menu is instead of MENU. It's a button and it's a clickable... same as MENU from previous skins...

Also, I have to find a good place for START and STOP buttons... any idea before I start ? Because it's much easier than redesign everything later...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 02:50:34 PM by /szc\ »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2005, 03:00:46 PM »
Program menu text looks different than the one on other buttons on right side panel buttons. Also place it in the moddle like on other buttons.

avast! antivirus text should be a bit larger and placed in the middle of that area vertically as i mentioned above.

I'd add scan/stop buttons under www.avast.com URL.
But i'd make them to appear only when removable media/local disks are selected.
I belive you could link up those buttons to appear only when scan sensitivity slider is opened (the one for On-Demand). Animation activation and linking is independend of skinning engine if i can remember correctly from my MacLoverOS X project...
Othewise i have no clue on where to place those buttons. Skin looks so good without them ;D

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2005, 03:11:19 PM »
Yes that's true... but we have discussed this before I believe. It's very "touchy" to play with placing those buttons inside display area... but what I can try is, to shrink that display area a bit and then place those buttons below www.avast.com

Program MENU is centered right now, but I don't see where you see the difference from the rest of buttons on the right side panel (Resident Scanner, iAVS etc.). It's exactly the same font and non-anti-aliased.

I decided to use all non-anti-aliased fonts. It gives more professional look and it's much more readable and sharper.

avast! antivirus sign is enlarged by 48% now, and I tried with orange outline... uuuuuggghhhhhh... yuck, yuck, yuck... something like "ampren supa" if you remember those soups, haha...

EDIT: also those small buttons in the top right corner are changed now, and they will turn into orange when you hover over them...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 05:46:18 PM by /szc\ »

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2005, 03:17:19 PM »
As far as START STOP buttons goes... I would put them in that corner above the orange part of the LOCAL DISKS button, but in the line below www.avast.com... if you know what I mean. That's the only logical solution. If I place them exactly centered according to www.avast.com, then it doesn't look good. START and STOP are not the part of the display are, so there is no need to center them... and, they have to be visible and "close to the hand"... I tried to put them below www.avast.com, but you can barely notice them... they look like they are part of that http link...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 03:19:48 PM by /szc\ »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2005, 03:29:16 PM »
Yeah i was thinking about that corner above Local disks too. All other locations are out of reach,or at least too far "away".

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2005, 03:50:10 PM »
Yes, I'll do that way... I just have to come up with something simple for those buttons. I really like those sharp edged arrows we can see at avast web site, so I guess I'll use one of those as PLAY button (of course, I'll have to resize it a little bit)... I think everything should be fine from there...

a61_a61

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2005, 04:45:21 PM »
Nice work Sasha!  I have one question about the skins and the different windows Avast has.  There's not any consistency in the windows.  If you look at any skin and then the On Access Control Panel or the Settings window nothing looks as if it's the same program.  Style or colors are all different in most of the windows.  Can only part of Avast be skinned?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2005, 04:48:13 PM »
Only Simple interface is skinable.

a61_a61

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2005, 05:02:58 PM »
Ok, then how about a skin that has some consistency with the On Access Control Panel, even though I like the new skin that's being worked on.