Author Topic: Just and Idea what do you Think?  (Read 3234 times)

kanga2cool

Just and Idea what do you Think?
« on: May 03, 2005, 04:34:24 AM »
 :) Hi am a Long time user of Avast cool program I would like to see this small change if possible. When you start Avast you get the splash screen then it scan the memory then it opens the main program.
What I would like to see is get rid of the splash screen and memory scan at that point.
When you start Avast just have the main program start up the memony scan can start automatically with in the program maybe a red scan line or bar line note sure what to call it any I hope you get the idea.
Than you can chose to scan C\: or what ever.
I think this would look better what do you think.
Have a nice day all from OZ

MFB

Re: Just and Idea what do you Think?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 04:41:10 AM »
Like what Anti Vir 6 does?  I don't see much differance, you'll still get your memory scan.  Of course, unlike Anti Vir 6 Avast can give you an option to cancel memory scan, plus that's seems to be the only area where people can re-register avast.  I couldn't find any other locations to do that. 

kanga2cool

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 04:52:48 AM »
 :) Hi thank for you reply for me I would not wont to stop the memory scan I am sure you can put the registration in the main program. Dont no about Antivir have been a long time user of avast just like to see a small change.
Have a nice day.

MFB

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 05:52:03 AM »
I use Anti Vir 6 for a few months, when you run the program, the menu will open first, then the memory scan will take place.  Avast! is different cause it scans memory first then opens the menu.  It's just that Anti Vir 6 doesn't have a cancel button, which makes Avast! a bit more convient to use.   8)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 10:23:04 PM »
What I would like to see is get rid of the splash screen and memory scan at that point.
To get rid of memory scan, just uncheck the option into avast settings, page Common... seems easy.
To get rid of the spash screen, run (or make a link to): C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashSimpl.exe
The best things in life are free.