Author Topic: Can't remove damn avast! sandbox  (Read 12106 times)

REDACTED

Can't remove damn avast! sandbox
« on: August 13, 2013, 06:17:52 PM »
 >:( Damn it, what ever I do, this sandbox folders remains on hard disk and cannot be deleted! How to delete it? Disabled the self defense, unchecked the auto sandbox and after uninstall there it is, the avast! sandbox folder remains on hard disk and cannot be removed...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:21:21 PM by nomore@vast! »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Can't remove damn avast! sandbox
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 06:22:15 PM »
Have you tried removing the feature via the uninstall/change function ? if the folder is still leftover after uninstalling the sandbox you may need to disable the avast self defence to delete the file.

You edited you post which answered some of my former questions.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:26:30 PM by craigb »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 06:31:20 PM »
Where are you seeing this auto sandbox folder ?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 06:59:19 PM »
OMG this forum is pain in the ass... (You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh the page.) -.-

After uninstall of avast! free the avast! sandbox appears on primary OS hard disk C: but with avast! installed (enabled auto sandbox) there isn't any, not even hidden...

DAMN VERIFICATION REALLY REALLY REALLY NOT NECESSARY!  >:(

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 07:06:26 PM »
The DAMN verification is an anti-spam measure and is only for your first three posts.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 07:09:29 PM »
Did you reboot after uninstalling avast then try deleting the leftover folder, that said I have never seen or heard of that folder being left behind so you might of had a corrupted removal :-\ you can always run the avast removal tool if there happens to be an issue with your system uninstalling avast correctly.

Verification is only for the first three posts as DavidR just explained :)

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 07:12:18 PM »
aha really functional, I'm in a hurry, can't get rid of a avast! leftovers, reinstalled this crap three times to resolve the issue and on top of that awesome verification fucked me over to type my post several times -.- I'm so happy

rebooted several times even in safe mode nothing has changed the leftovers are annoying me and can't be removed even with tune up shredder
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:16:20 PM by nomore@vast! »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 07:15:41 PM »
Please watch your language as this is a public forum that minors also use, kindly modify your post to remove the language please.

Tuneup shredder could well be part of the problem why avast isn't uninstalling from your system correctly, tuneup tools are more problems than their worth and can mess up system functions, as I previously said use the aswclear.exe tool ( avast removal tool ) http://www.avast.com/en-us/uninstall-utility
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:40:13 PM by craigb »