Author Topic: Reallocate the webrep icon in internet explorer 10  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Tonanet

• I'm a llama!
Reallocate the webrep icon in internet explorer 10
« on: December 18, 2012, 08:55:13 PM »
Hello guys!

I was wondering, is there a way to reallocate the position of webrep in internet explorer 10?
Its because it gets a piece of vertical space that makes the display area smaller...

In chrome it appears at the right side of the url address box... Without consume any vertical space...

I was trying to do it in Internet Explorer 10...

Thanks for your time!

Sparxx

Re: Reallocate the webrep icon in internet explorer 10
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 09:11:12 PM »
Hi.
The short nswer is no, this has been already discussed on the forums.

slybo

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 09:24:07 PM »
This is what I do. Make sure toolbars are not locked. Place mouse pointer on empty space on webrep and left click to make 4 arrows symbol and drag to line of menu bar, then left click on dotted line on left of webrep and make double arrow and drag to right. You land up with what I have in the included photo.

Offline Tonanet

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 01:56:18 AM »
Hello!

Thats great!
I will try it here!

Thanks for the tip!

Offline mytimbuk2

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 12:36:07 PM »
This doesn't work...  Clicking on the toolbar gets no little arrows or line.  I'm going to disable Avast WEb REp because it takes up too much space.

Undead-Divine-Assassin

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 01:22:40 PM »
Well if this isn't an intrinsic design problem with IE10 you could try an alternative like WOT (Web Of Trust). Not sure if it works with IE but it does the same sort of Avast WebRep thing. I have both as there was a problem with WebRep and the Opera browser which I was trying out a few months back. I installed WOT on Opera and then when I installed an Avast update and WebRep started working again I kept both and also installed WOT on Firefox too.

You should consider going over to Firefox as that makes customisation like this easy. Even Opera, which isn't as customisation friendly (or generally as well designed IMHO) as Firefox, allows you to reposition the address and search boxes meaning you can choose where your toolbar icons are placed, if not their order.