Author Topic: Vpsupd.exe returns: "Data error in .rsrc\AVI\129. File is broken."  (Read 1879 times)

hmonk

Running Win7 Pro, x64, SP1 in custom machine. All existing malware/AV apps are shut down or uninstalled where conflicts might exist.

I am in a remote mountain area with no broadband access of any kind so am limited to dialup. I DLed and installed Avast 8 apparently with no issues (no error messages). I DLed the current vpsupd.exe file TWICE (14 hours) and when launched, I am returned a 1006 error message and the installation is aborted. An archive test on both DLs reports: "Data error in .rsrc\AVI\129. File is broken."

A search of this forum reveals the 1006 error associated with the installation of the app but I could find no reference to similar vpsupd.exe issues.

FYI: yes, the app will update itself but I had hoped to accomplish a manual installation across a network and avoid terribly compromised bandwidth during an auto-update.

Any thoughts on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Monk   

Yap

Re: Vpsupd.exe returns: "Data error in .rsrc\AVI\129. File is broken."
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 02:12:43 PM »
I have similar problem and slow connection the update always fail.
Even I already manually download the update file by many many many many many hours with download manager the downloaded file is a broken file as tested by 7zip program :(