Author Topic: Web Shield Settings has a problem with WIN98 ?  (Read 7641 times)

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
Re: Web Shield Settings has a problem with WIN98 ?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 04:11:24 PM »
^ WOW, you've found the problem.  :)  As usual it's human error  :-X  It was a typo all the way not only in my posts but in the setting as well.  At least I'm consistent with the typo  ;D

I notice that there is not much of a slowdown (if any) at all which is great.

Just one small problem still...   :-[

The AUTO COMPLETE function of the Browser does not work when I have the Proxy Server checked.

If I UN-CHECK the Proxy Server setting then my AUTO COMPLETE works OKAY.  Then if I check the setting again the AUTO COMPLETE function does NOT WORK.

Has anyone else noticed this happening when using Web Shield on WIN98 ?

It's nice to have the rest of the entry drop down to be selected when I put in ID's and Passwords but I guess it's a trade off.

Thanks Tech for seeing that obvious mistake on my part.  It sometimes takes more eyes  :o to see the obvious.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 05:01:58 PM by lakrsrool »
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Web Shield Settings has a problem with WIN98 ?
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 04:57:29 PM »
^ WOW, you've found the problem.
You've posted the problem  :)
Enjoy the forums.

The AUTO COMPLETE function of the Browser does not work when I have the Proxy Server checked.
If I UN-CHECK the Proxy Server setting then my AUTO COMPLETE works OKAY.  Then if I check the setting again the AUTO COMPLETE function does NOT WORK.
Never heard about this before... In XP it works with the proxy without problem.
The best things in life are free.