Author Topic: help:problem backing up google play music on GS4 (using avast) into google drive  (Read 3078 times)

skeblawi

new to avast forums. yesterday i purchased the premium subscription for avast mobile backup/security in order to back up each of my twin girls galaxy S4 phones (google play edition versions) so that their apps, photos, vidoes & music on their own GS4 are saved in their own Google Drive accounts. the apps, photos, videos have backed up t both their avast & google drive account. However, the music (pinned to their devices) in their google play music app did NOT get backed up at all to either their avast or google drive accounts. I called the tollfree avast customer service ph# but can't/won't pay the $180 annual tech support fee, so i thought i would try posting this problem here for help!
if anyone can help me with this issue & knows how to trouble-shoot it properly, i would be very thankful.  sam

skeblawi

i called google & got it figured out. apparently it already backs up the music on google play servers which are the same as google drive so they said i was just trying to back up the music to same servers which is not necessary & redundant. apparently they got several calls on this exact issue as it wasnt very well explained anywhere in google support section of either google play or drive.  hope this helps anyone else that may have been confused as i was.