Author Topic: JS:Agent-CGE  (Read 5629 times)

minksir

JS:Agent-CGE
« on: August 16, 2013, 11:38:35 PM »
Got notification of this trojan infection.
Would not repair so I deleted it. ( Located in cache)
I can not find reference anywhere as to what it is,
as it came from a web site.
I can not find it in an Intego scan prior to my deletion.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
minksir?

thehoffr

Re: JS:Agent-CGE
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 08:32:09 AM »
My Intel onboard LAN suddenly kept failing at startup. I'd have to disable/enable driver to get it working each time. I suspected a virus but Avast should have caught this as protection. I did the boot time scan of just the system drive and it found the virus JS:Agent-CGE in the Chrome browser cache. I see only this one post in an Avast forum when I Google JS:Agent-CGE Virus but nothing else in your forums. I find this odd that no one is talking about this since it was such a nuisance for me spending many hours thinking my onboard nic was going out. MSI even offered to send me an RMA, so this is serve threat.

snow067

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 05:40:04 AM »
I also got this trojan in firefox profiles. It said appstore. I wasn't able to move to chest but was able to delete it. It hasn't caused me any problems so far.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 09:52:54 AM »
I also got this trojan in firefox profiles. It said appstore. I wasn't able to move to chest but was able to delete it. It hasn't caused me any problems so far.
Hello,
it was false positive, and should be fixed now for Mac.

Milos

ZyroBlue

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 09:17:14 PM »
I also got a variant of this: JS:Agent-CDG[Trj]. The scan has not finished yet (did a full drive scan), but from what I gather it’s affecting Java (which I uninstalled a few months ago) and Adobe Reader, of which I possess the latest version. The file is located HOME/Library/Application Support/Java/Deployment/Cache/6.0. Need I worry now?

Edit: It seems it’s a false positive, according to virustotal. No other scanner finds something. My heart’s still racing though..
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:59:06 PM by ZyroBlue »