Author Topic: JS: Psyme-AK help!  (Read 3046 times)

dalittlegirl

JS: Psyme-AK help!
« on: February 21, 2013, 05:05:10 PM »
Hi,

I was using Safari on my imac today and I have a habit of resetting my safari every time i finish using it and when i reset it avast had a pop-up saying that an infection was detected.  it was the cache file of the Safari so i pulled it in my trash and was thinking of secure emptying my trash but on second thought i pulled it in avast for the scanning and click delete from the avast app.  Does this guarantee that the virus is being removed from my imac completely already?  Is there anything i can or need to do?

And what exactly is this virus gonna do to my computer?  Is it harmful for macs? I know some viruses are only harmful for pcs so I wanted to know if I'm still at risk or not deleting it correctly or if I have to do anything..  I'm a total newbie here so please bear with me and explain if you can what I need to do.  I just want to make sure that what I did will keep my computer virus free... and I don't want my computer to still have the virus "hidden" somewhere.. as I like to use my computer to purchase online.

thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 08:34:05 AM by dalittlegirl »

dalittlegirl

Re: JS: Psyme-AK help!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 08:34:41 AM »
Could anyone please reply to this?  I'm really worried about this virus.

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 03:48:13 AM »
"Status: Deleted"

dalittlegirl

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 04:16:12 AM »
I know.. I click deleted.  But my question is if clicking delete from the avast app guarantees that the infection has been removed, and if whether or not I did it correctly.  Is this a virus targeted for PC, or is my imac at risk right now or still infected?

nobu-ad

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 06:11:33 PM »
Hi,

Did you try the full system scan with Avast! on your Mac after the deletion?
If it will find the virus, then delete it again.
Or you could try another antivirus program just for scanning the system. There are some free virus scanner in App Store.

By the way, I've found this page:

http://antivirus.about.com/od/virusdescriptions/a/jspsyme.htm

I don't know whether it is the virus which you're talking about, but this info might help.