Author Topic: Avast! reporting more than 200 results of "invalid context during scan"  (Read 3373 times)

youngsmarttech

On Wednesday August 14, 2013 in the afternoon, on my Samsung tablet, my avast! Mobile Security was reporting that some applications were "invalid context during scan." I did research the issue and found that it could be a corrupted virus definition. So I go to Updates in the avast! app and find that the current version is "unknown." I manually update the virus definition but nothing happens, no messages. So, I research more and found that (on avast! forums) the internet service provider somehow did something and to fix it you must turn off your Wifi and clear data on avast! in the application manager in Settings then revisit the application. I turned off the Wifi on my device and before I clear data, I forgot the Wifi was off and update the virus definition manually. The current version number was change from "unknown" to "130814-01 (3 days ago)." Then message pop-up saying no internet. So I didn't clear the data. What should I do avast?
Thanks!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast! reporting more than 200 results of "invalid context during scan"
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 07:17:56 PM »
Hi,

if it doesn't say "unknown" anymore (nice research btw!), you are all set, just do a rescan of everything to get rid of the error messages from your scan log.

Filip

youngsmarttech

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:25:27 PM »
But it is stilling saying "unknown." The only way I got the number was by disconnecting from the internet.

youngsmarttech

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 08:44:35 PM »
meant to say  "...still saying..."

Also, I am trying to log into my avast account and it is saying internal server error!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 10:34:30 PM »
Hmm, that's weird then. Works fine for me right now so virus definitions looks OK. Do you have enough free space in your internal memory?

Filip