Author Topic: Scan Options  (Read 2889 times)

DeathStalker77

Scan Options
« on: August 19, 2013, 03:32:46 AM »
Ok, so where the heck are the options on what to do if something is found?  I do NOT want it to always default to putting the file in question in the chest.

(BTW, fwiw, I hate the new "Windows 8-style" interface - but then I hate Win8 as well -- might be good for tablets, but it will *never* go on one of my desktops - the old interface was much better)

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
Re: Scan Options
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:28:32 PM »
You can find these options in the settings of the different methods of scanning.

Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |

DeathStalker77

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 03:10:06 AM »
Does NOT work - I have *everything* set to prompt me - I am never prompted, and the files go straight to the Chest.

Program engine and database are current.

iroc9555

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:34:11 AM »
For shields with the Action option:

Open Avast! > SECURITY > ANTIVIRUS > File System Shield > Settings > Actions See image

Be aware that Web shield default and recommended action is to Abort Connection.

For Scan computer:

Open Avast! > SECURITY > ANTIVIRUS > Scan Now > choose your scan of choice > More details > Settings > Actions.

Click " Automatically apply actions during scan " choose " No Action " and then unclick " Automatically apply actions during scan ". So next time Avast! finds a malicious file, it will open a window with choices of what to do with it. see other images

DeathStalker77

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 08:38:22 AM »
I will again repeat - I *have* all those settings, and it is NOT prompting for *any* - it is just moving items to the chest.  Period.

Never had this issue with v7.

iroc9555

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 02:00:15 PM »
Repair Avast!

With XP

Start > Control panel > Add & Remove programs > select avast! and click " Change/Remove ". Look for " Repair " and click it.

With Vista or win7

Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > uninstall a program > select avast! and click " Uninstall/Change ". Look for " Repair "

Reboot when finished.

If it is still sending samples to Virus Chest after repair, I am afraid that you would have to do a clean install.

Good luck.

DeathStalker77

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 01:52:43 AM »
Ok, will give those 2 options a try.

Thanks  :)