Author Topic: Very bad support  (Read 14293 times)

airman70

Very bad support
« on: August 18, 2013, 04:49:21 PM »
Two weeks ago I installed Avast Internet Security in a new PC, it seems to work fine a few days but suddendly stops working and I stay unprotected, I try to insert the license but the program refused it.
I live in Mexico City, so I called support to get help, they took control of my PC and the guy told me the machine was in very bad condition, that he can fix it but charge me 120 dlls. I consider myself and advanced PC user so I refused and I will try to fix it. I used some programs to clean malware and virus, after that, the program didn't respond so I reinstalled it and works again (the technician told me not to uninstall) so the problem wasn't so bad, but the guy who helped me tried to gain advantage instead of giving me some tips. I consider this a very bad reputation for the Avast company, so I recommend the users of Avast to take care of support :-[

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Very bad support
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:43:16 PM »
the support here in the forum is free..... that include malware removal

follow this guide and attach the requested logs (not copy and paste) http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

run in order listed
AdwCleaner / Malwarebytes / OTL / aswMBR

when done removal experts will be notified and check your logs and give instructions how to remove the infection(s)
when done they will remove the Tools used

ram1220

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 10:36:56 PM »
 This isn't the first time that I have read of Avast "support" referring people to these scam companies. Good for you for refusing to give up your money.

airman70

Thanks to the forum
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 02:55:14 PM »
Thanks Pondus, that's why I call real help. ;)

UserA789

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 05:59:57 PM »
This isn't the first time that I have read of Avast "support" referring people to these scam companies. Good for you for refusing to give up your money.
Unfortunately, those are being given by the forum Uber's.  Its nice to see others with the same comments about it as well.  They don't seem to understand that those of us with ACTUAL security training have ZERO interest in installing a bunch of third-party softwares' made by some develop with only a internet handle and no actual name to go to if its is found to be malicious.

I just posted an article on Avast getting some actual support since they are fast becoming the leader in AV/Firewall protections, as well as another referencing problems installing unknown, third party developer wares' on our machines. We will see if Avast staff is as 'high school' as some of the leaders on the forums or if they recognize the REQUIREMENT of any professional company to have literate, PAID support... especially for a product that protects our very identity and personal e-security.

I know the support is free on the forum... and its 'quality' is starting to show.

...AND HOW!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:01:53 PM by UserA789 »

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 04:34:33 PM »

...AND HOW!
[/quote]

I don't like you for this comment at all. I don't like being a dickhead to people but you're really are one. Pondus is offering assistance in his issues. Free of charge.

Help: Yes
Does it Cost Money: No
Do they usually fix the Problem: Hell Yes, Check virus And Worms. They'll beat the s**t out of it.
Are you ignorant: Extremely.

Oh, and Anti-viruses and more for Prevention. These Third Party Programs actually do the hard work. MBAM, OTL all of them.

Please actually look into things more in-depth before you start posting ignorant comments.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:36:49 PM by alan1998 »
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

UserA789

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »

...AND HOW!

I don't like you for this comment at all. I don't like being a dickhead to people but you're really are one. Pondus is offering assistance in his issues. Free of charge.

Do they usually fix the Problem: Hell Yes, Check virus And Worms. They'll beat the s**t out of it.

Oh, and Anti-viruses and more for Prevention. These Third Party Programs actually do the hard work. MBAM, OTL all of them.

Please actually look into things more in-depth before you start posting ignorant comments.
[/quote]
Do they ask us to install third party software's that are being uncovered for containing, or at least harboring, malaware code, and being told by MULTIPLE users some of their exploits start occurring AFTER installation of said 3rd party apps... YES.

This reminds me of people inhaling beer.. sure all the cool kids are doing it; even the most popular of them.  Is it bad for you and will it eventually cause you great harm.. YES.

So because the support is free, we are supposed to ignore the mounting evidence that is even beginning to fill this very board... NO!

That's all that needs be said.  Im out, as if one cant do the research h themselves but simply insult and admonish others for their findings and occurrences... its a waste of time and they will eventually go away as they either realize the truths or go father in fantasy with their opinion.

BTW VLK.. do you really think this semi-new poster is anyone other than PawnedUs, or his best buddy protecting their interest? And nice language, eh?

GTX66

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 04:22:08 PM »

...AND HOW!

Do they ask us to install third party software's that are being uncovered for containing, or at least harboring, malaware code, and being told by MULTIPLE users some of their exploits start occurring AFTER installation of said 3rd party apps... YES.

This reminds me of people inhaling beer.. sure all the cool kids are doing it; even the most popular of them.  Is it bad for you and will it eventually cause you great harm.. YES.

So because the support is free, we are supposed to ignore the mounting evidence that is even beginning to fill this very board... NO!

That's all that needs be said.  Im out, as if one cant do the research h themselves but simply insult and admonish others for their findings and occurrences... its a waste of time and they will eventually go away as they either realize the truths or go father in fantasy with their opinion.

BTW VLK.. do you really think this semi-new poster is anyone other than PawnedUs, or his best buddy protecting their interest? And nice language, eh?
[/quote]

A member here calls you ignorant. Another member here told me to get off of the Net. I told him to go somewhere and then I get a warning. There are certain members here that think that they own/control this forum as they have no other life. Ignore these people.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 04:51:25 PM »
It would seem that GTX66 doesn't have much of a life of his own since he's always here trolling, I think it's funny how you managed to find and agree with the only other user on the forum that you might share a common goal with ::)

Hammey

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »
Hi well most user's buy a program and it comes with phone support and that is what they do call support. A lot of new user's dont even know what a forum is or how to access it they rely on the documentation that came with the product and phone that number. It does seem as if avast even knows the phone support is bad so they say use the forum that is not a fix. A fix is getting good support for customer's when they phone in with there problems.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 06:29:26 PM »
quote userA789
if you refer to the tools used by the removal experts here in the forum, give us one example where this have happend

and the removal guys here remove all the tools used when the jobb is done...

GTX66

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 06:50:10 PM »
It would seem that GTX66 doesn't have much of a life of his own since he's always here trolling, I think it's funny how you managed to find and agree with the only other user on the forum that you might share a common goal with ::)

Pot calls Kettle. Gee over 6,000 posts and you call me a Troll? Isn't that a rule violation??
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:51:49 PM by GTX66 »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 07:03:48 PM »

Pot calls Kettle. Gee over 6,000 posts and you call me a Troll? Isn't that a rule violation??
I think you'll find the phrase is " the pot calling the kettle black" you'll also find my posts here are mostly providing help or asking questions which is quite different from the antagonistic attitude found in many of your own posts so yes trolling is definitely the correct term for users like yourself.

GTX66

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 07:09:36 PM »

I think you'll find the phrase is " the pot calling the kettle black" you'll also find my posts here are mostly providing help or asking questions which is quite different from the antagonistic attitude found in many of your own posts so yes trolling is definitely the correct term for users like yourself.

So then you are in the group that I described. Good.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 07:15:35 PM »
So then you are in the group that I described. Good.
Your description doesn't mean much and is worthless but the group as you call it help out around here and monitor the forum for annoyances, your signature say's it all ::)