Author Topic: Very bad support  (Read 14224 times)

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
Re: Very bad support
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 07:15:49 PM »
Those 3rd party apps are secure retard. I won't engage in pointless arguments but they are safe or I wouldn't have them installed. ANYONE can harbor malcode. It's not that freakin hard. Whether it's accidental or not. can someone lock this thread before it turns into a flamewar?
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 08:58:30 PM »
Can someone lock this thread before it turns into a flamewar?
It already is a flame war. And I know who's winning...the one's with logic on their side.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 01:11:28 AM »
I won't read 2 pages to help...
Please, a direct question, without emotions and feelings :)
The best things in life are free.

UserA789

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 04:52:06 PM »
A member here calls you ignorant. Another member here told me to get off of the Net. I told him to go somewhere and then I get a warning. There are certain members here that think that they own/control this forum as they have no other life. Ignore these people.
This is more than just apparent now, as Iv been warned Im on the watch list, probably get locked for discussing the fact Iv been warned.  Strangely, this the day after reporting a user calling me a d***head... as if that's just fine to do.   Im making things up that aren't occurring apparently, yet most things Iv been able to post pics to.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:  I only pointed out the FACT that MANY users are starting to report malaware issuse's ; including Avast warning them of a virus attack when they download the 3rd party software's we are TOLD to, or we don't get ANY help.

Im not saying the devs of the programs are inserting the malicious code but its being done... heck, maybe because this forum relies on them so dang much.  That's not starting trouble, that's pointing out a fact of this forum.  If that's breaking the rules, I don't know how to proceed at all.  Thanks for the support and not being afraid to tell it like it is...

A member here calls you ignorant. Another member here told me to get off of the Net. I told him to go somewhere and then I get a warning. There are certain members here that think that they own/control this forum as they have no other life. Ignore these people.

stcarter

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 07:20:16 PM »
I'll double your problem with support. I purchased the Premium version. Where is my anti-malware, anti-spyware, and anti-rootkit? Do I have to wait until my 3 year coverage expires to get this Premium coverage? Also when running sandbox I couldn't download anything - kept getting the "the extended attributes are inconsistent" error. Tech support in Czeckoslovakia said to go to ADDITIONAL PROTECTION-Sandbox-Expert Settings. If this is a choice in Avast Premium, I don't have it. Crap!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »
I'll double your problem with support. I purchased the Premium version. Where is my anti-malware, anti-spyware, and anti-rootkit? Do I have to wait until my 3 year coverage expires to get this Premium coverage? Also when running sandbox I couldn't download anything - kept getting the "the extended attributes are inconsistent" error. Tech support in Czeckoslovakia said to go to ADDITIONAL PROTECTION-Sandbox-Expert Settings. If this is a choice in Avast Premium, I don't have it. Crap!

I would suggest that you start your own 'new topic' here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0 so as not to become mixed up in this one and we will try to help.

In that topic please answer these questions:
What avast version did you download and install or if you started out with the free version and are upgrading ?

Have you received an email with your license file license.avastlic and have you entered it ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

GTX66

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 08:43:25 PM »
This is more than just apparent now, as Iv been warned Im on the watch list, probably get locked for discussing the fact Iv been warned.  Strangely, this the day after reporting a user calling me a d***head... as if that's just fine to do.   Im making things up that aren't occurring apparently, yet most things Iv been able to post pics to.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:  I only pointed out the FACT that MANY users are starting to report malaware issuse's ; including Avast warning them of a virus attack when they download the 3rd party software's we are TOLD to, or we don't get ANY help.

Im not saying the devs of the programs are inserting the malicious code but its being done... heck, maybe because this forum relies on them so dang much.  That's not starting trouble, that's pointing out a fact of this forum.  If that's breaking the rules, I don't know how to proceed at all.  Thanks for the support and not being afraid to tell it like it is...

A question I have is why can I see that you are being watched? This is not a way a forum should be run. Only staff should know who is being watched or moderated as in My Case. I would like the name of the Admin of this forum and or his/hers email address.

GTX66

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 11:28:19 PM »
Are you people afraid to answer a simple question?

GTX66

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 02:01:18 AM »
Do they ask us to install third party software's that are being uncovered for containing, or at least harboring, malaware code, and being told by MULTIPLE users some of their exploits start occurring AFTER installation of said 3rd party apps... YES.

This reminds me of people inhaling beer.. sure all the cool kids are doing it; even the most popular of them.  Is it bad for you and will it eventually cause you great harm.. YES.

So because the support is free, we are supposed to ignore the mounting evidence that is even beginning to fill this very board... NO!

That's all that needs be said.  Im out, as if one cant do the research h themselves but simply insult and admonish others for their findings and occurrences... its a waste of time and they will eventually go away as they either realize the truths or go father in fantasy with their opinion.

BTW VLK.. do you really think this semi-new poster is anyone other than PawnedUs, or his best buddy protecting their interest? And nice language, eh?
[/quote]

These are from reply 7 my post but these are NOT my words. If you people are going to edit users posts then It appears that I wasted money the last few years buying this Avast Product. Who ever is in charge of this forum is not very good at it!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »
Your Reply #7 has not been edited, otherwise the post would have the Edit tagged on to the bottom of the post and which moderator edited.

So it appears that you incorrectly quoted UserA789's post in Reply #6 above yours.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 01:28:51 PM »
I would like the name of the Admin of this forum and or his/hers email address.
click report to moderator in lower right corner of your post .... or any post .... and write your complains. 

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 01:44:01 PM »
These are from reply 7 my post but these are NOT my words. If you people are going to edit users posts then It appears that I wasted money the last few years buying this Avast Product. Who ever is in charge of this forum is not very good at it!
A DavidR already said to you, you incorrectly quoted UserA789's post in Reply #6 above yours.

GTX66

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
Your Reply #7 has not been edited, otherwise the post would have the Edit tagged on to the bottom of the post and which moderator edited.

So it appears that you incorrectly quoted UserA789's post in Reply #6 above yours.

Sorry but I did not do that.

GTX66

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 02:27:18 PM »
I would like the name of the Admin of this forum and or his/hers email address.
click report to moderator in lower right corner of your post .... or any post .... and write your complains.
I have done that.

GTX66

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 02:32:54 PM »
The Support both here and at the real support site is as good as it gets. I have just had a few bad days due to personal issues and I do apologize to everyone here for my attitude the last few days. I think that I am not cut out to be testing Security Products since I am already using a pre release version of Firefox. So I went back to 8.0.1489 at least until this Beta gets to an RC stage. So far I am impressed with it. Keep up the good work!