Author Topic: Purchased, but has proven...  (Read 4811 times)

Disgruntledorstupid

Purchased, but has proven...
« on: August 17, 2013, 04:44:55 PM »
to be completely useless for me. I've moved to China very recently and due to wanted to view certain websites I decided to go the VPN route, however, after purchasing avast's VPN I found I was unable to view a single webpage while connected to any server, let alone the webpages I bought this product specifically for. Am I doing something wrong here, or is this the quality of this product?

feijo

Re: Purchased, but has proven...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:09:02 AM »
Hi, can you please try to connect directly to singapure server and see if you can browse on the webpages?
if it wont be possible, it might mean your ISP in China could be blocking openvpn traffic or our servers have been 'filtered out' in China.
best regards

Disgruntledorstupid

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 12:27:57 PM »
Yes, I tried the Singapore server.

Anyway, I guess I'm shit out of luck. Thanks anyway. Is there any possible way to get a refund?

feijo

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 10:48:22 AM »
Please contact our support team, they will provide you more info:

www.avast.com/support

Britt

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 10:02:13 AM »
I have exactly the same problem. I expected I'd be able to hop on Facebook and Youtube but... no. Fortunately I only used the 3 day free trial - but the fact that it doesn't work in one of the few countries you'd desperately need a VPN is absurd. I really was planning on buying it too. Such a shame!