Author Topic: Some files can't be scanned...should I be worried?  (Read 3419 times)

MatteoB

Some files can't be scanned...should I be worried?
« on: August 18, 2013, 10:10:38 PM »
Just done a full system scan and I got the above message together with the list of files concerned. It said they could not be read as "archive is password protected". I could not do anything with the files like put them into the chest. Can anyone give me any advice?

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Some files can't be scanned...should I be worried?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 10:16:33 PM »
Just do nothing. This is just a information that these files cannot be scanned since they are password protected.
And they cannot do any harm to your computer. When they are executed they will be scanned. ;)
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 10:17:43 PM »
short answer, nothing to worry about

Some files can't be scanned  is this forums most frequently asked question so plenty info if you forum search

MatteoB

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 04:25:06 AM »
Sorry I will look in the index then. However I have not made and password protected files :/

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 06:07:29 AM »
Sorry I will look in the index then. However I have not made and password protected files :/
many programs protect there files with passwords that only that program know.... feks adobe
files that can not be scanned does not mean they are infected, just that avast could not scan them for whatever reason avast give....it is just a scan error report
and they will be scanned by the real time protection when the program that use those files unpack them

« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:09:46 AM by Pondus »

UserA789

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 06:13:42 AM »
many programs protect there files with passwords that only that program know.... feks adobe
files that can not be scanned does not mean they are infected, just that avast could not scan them for whatever reason avast give....it is just a scan error report
and they will be scanned by the real time protection when the program that use those files unpack them
Windows Updates will have some files like this as well... from my experience on my setups.