Author Topic: Lost internet after Avast boot-Time scan  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Zimitry

Lost internet after Avast boot-Time scan
« on: August 18, 2013, 03:33:45 AM »
 This is my first post in the forums, and I've just registered in order to hopefully find a fix for a dire (or not so) problem I'm having.

So this is what happend. I was using internet normally with my desktop computer (I'm right now writing this on a netbook) with no signs of problems whatsoever. Next day, as soon as I turned my computer on and it got started, I was prompted, by a red box at the lower right corner as usual, to restart my computer and perform a boot-time scan. So I did.

During the scan (which took a considerable time), I always made sure to fix or move the archives to the chest, with some few times where no option was "compatible" with the archive, and I had no other choice but to delete.

After the scan, the system started as normal, except for the fact that I received messages from each program that could not start because I was no t conected to the internet. I checked that the ethernet cable was connected to the port at the back of my CPU, an it was well connected, but the green led that is besides the port to indicate it is connected, was not on. I tried connecting it to my netbook, and it worked, tried looking at the chest for anything important that could be missing, and nothing wrong. I checked if the devices where installed, checked for any missing drivers, everything was in place. I did another scan, used CCleaner, everything I could think of, and the problem keeps being out of my comprehension.

I'd appreciate it if you could give me advice as to what to do. The main obstacle is that I don't have internet, not a usb or anything else to download some programs to my netbook, and pass it to my desktop computer. In the meantime, I'll try to get something.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Lost internet after Avast boot-Time scan
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 08:21:28 AM »
I was prompted, by a red box at the lower right corner as usual, to restart my computer and perform a boot-time scan. So
as usuall? ..... so you get this often?

if so i recomend a check for infections

follow this guide and attach the requested logs (not copy and paste) http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

run in order listed
AdwCleaner / Malwarebytes / OTL / aswMBR

when done removal experts will be notified and check your logs

Offline Zimitry

Re: Lost internet after Avast boot-Time scan
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:50:18 AM »
 No, I didn't mean usual as if it happens often. It's actually like second time it ever happend. I meant usual as normal, like nothing was out of place.

Again, since I can't use internet and have no means to transfer archives from my netbook to my PC, so I can download or get any program. That was my first plan, until I realized I couldn't. I should see f I can get a usb or something for the time being. My system is healthy, I just wanted to know if that ever happend to someone and if/or there is any possible cause for it (internet misteriously stopping working for no apparent reason).

But, thanks for the reply.