Author Topic: Disabling "Info" popup completely?  (Read 3411 times)

AnthonyVee

Disabling "Info" popup completely?
« on: July 19, 2013, 03:29:58 PM »
Is there any way to disable completely the blue "Info" popup?

I've already disabled the green "Update" popup in settings but all I've managed to find so far is the option to change the popup duration to 1 second.

If I recall correctly I used to have both the green and blue popup settings to 0 second before the last program update and worked it perfectly.
Since the update (to v8 I think) the setting was still at 0 BUT the popups came back!

And when I tried to modify the values for popup duration, a red box appeared around the input field, basically showing the UI was not going to accept a 0s. value.

I really like Avast but: I liked it best when I could have it run silently without showing me unnecessary information.

The only popup I want is the one warning me when something's wrong.

Is there any way I can have Avast behave quielty like it used to do?

All help much appreciated!

Avast Free v8.0.1489
Win7 SP1 ver6.1 build 7601

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Disabling "Info" popup completely?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 06:03:51 PM »
Unfortunately there isn't a similar option as with the update notification popup, the Info popup isn't a specific area, it could originate from multiple sources.

The duration or interval that the pop-up remains, I always thought 0 was an invalid duration and is ignored, but it is the reverse 0 means leave the popup until it is removed, so set the duration/interval to 1 second.

You can of course switch to silent gaming mode but that kills all of the pop-ups.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

xenon2000

Re: Disabling "Info" popup completely?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 03:43:46 AM »
I too wish that "0" meant not to show the popup. I would like to suggest this as a feature request. And if the programmers want an "indefinite" setting for those that want it to stay up until you press close. They could use the notation of "-1" or "99".