Author Topic: How to avoid the various Avast pop-up messages?  (Read 2907 times)

desertman

How to avoid the various Avast pop-up messages?
« on: August 20, 2013, 05:38:32 PM »
I have the free Avast Suite installed on several computers with Windows XP and Windows 8. No doubt that this is a great program and great free service.

However, I'm wondering whether I have to pay the price for using the free version by getting again and again harrassed by a variety of pop-up messages when starting Windows - i. e. about installing some VPN stuff (that I don't want) or about installing a Chrome plugin (that I don't want).

The only messages that I would like to see are about viruses or other threats. Is there a way to get rid of all other messages for all times? If this is not possible - is this a "feature" of the free version and different in a paid version (= could I get rid of these messages there)?

Thanks and greetings - desertman

GTX66

Re: How to avoid the various Avast pop-up messages?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 05:40:51 PM »
I have the free Avast Suite installed on several computers with Windows XP and Windows 8. No doubt that this is a great program and great free service.

However, I'm wondering whether I have to pay the price for using the free version by getting again and again harrassed by a variety of pop-up messages when starting Windows - i. e. about installing some VPN stuff (that I don't want) or about installing a Chrome plugin (that I don't want).

The only messages that I would like to see are about viruses or other threats. Is there a way to get rid of all other messages for all times? If this is not possible - is this a "feature" of the free version and different in a paid version (= could I get rid of these messages there)?

Thanks and greetings - desertman

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=128776.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: How to avoid the various Avast pop-up messages?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 01:03:05 AM »
Disable the update notification to not see popups.
The best things in life are free.