Author Topic: EasyPass no Longer working with Chrome  (Read 31249 times)

Offline pjjoe

EasyPass no Longer working with Chrome
« on: August 22, 2013, 05:44:34 AM »
I am not able to logon automatically using Chrome's latest version. I have tried to exit easypass, restart it, and disable and enable the toolbar in Chrome but it won't work. It will show the easypass logo and I can click on it. It will show the name of the site I'm on when I click the logo but when I click fill and submit, nothing happens. I have tried with multiple sites and doesn't seem to work at all now. All my data and sites are in Easypass when I click on edit, not sure what is happening here.

roman-yrv

Re: EasyPass no Longer working with Chrome
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 02:13:11 PM »
Наблюдаю ту же самую проблему. Значок Easy Pass в Chrome висит, но при нажатии на него сохраненный логин не отображается.
Или в крайнем случае отображается, но при нажатии на него не логин и пароль в соответствующие поля не записывается.

Еще вчера такой ошибки не было.

===

I watch the same problem. Easy Pass icon in Chrome hangs, but when clicking it the saved login isn't displayed.
Or it is as a last resort displayed, but when clicking it not login and the password in appropriate fields doesn't register.

Still yesterday such error wasn't.

fastbeemer

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 06:21:11 PM »
Same issue here, when I checked into it Chrome gave me an error involving the wrong "Manifest_Version".  Any ideas?

roman-yrv

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 07:46:43 PM »
В Chrome вчера вечером обнаружил установленный Google Wallet, который невозможно деинсталлировать.
Может быть, это с этим как-то связано ?

==

In Chrome last night I found set Google Wallet which can't be uninstalled.
Perhaps, the reason in it?

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 10:33:59 PM »
Confirmed - Google Chrome 29 is not working anymore with EasyPass 7.7.8.128  :'(

roman-yrv

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 06:33:29 AM »
Confirmed - Google Chrome 29 is not working anymore with EasyPass 7.7.8.128  :'(

И эта проблема будет решаться ?
А то сначала Firefox перестает поддерживаться, теперь - Chrome ...

===

And this problem will be solved?
And that at first Firefox ceases to be supported, now - Chrome...

Offline w.r.peterson10@gmail.com

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 01:17:19 PM »
Is there an estimated day/time that this issue with Chrome will be resolved by avast?

cruinne

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 06:16:20 PM »
Well, I'm glad it's not just me -- I've been trying everything to figure out why EasyPass no longer will fill in forms, or offer to save passwords.

In case it helps with resolution:
  • Windows 8 64-bit
  • avast! EasyPass 7.7.8.128
  • Chrome 29.0.1547.57 m

Rox70

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 08:01:25 PM »
Same problem with me, I can't log in, it just 'hangs' very frustrating when you have numerous log ins!   Just hope they can sort this out asap  :(

Offline pjjoe

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »
Glad it's not just me. Too bad Chrome AUTO-UPDATES. This version here is working today, but it just updated and needs to re-launch Chrome, so I'm guessing it won't work anymore after this update.

Here is the last version I have working with EasyPass in the picture. Yes, I was getting the Manifest Error 2 message also with the new version of Chrome with my other PC. Need a fix FAST cause I use EasyPass all the time.

Offline Myles45

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 08:47:27 PM »
Same problem here, & had it previously with Firefox & thought it was my computer messing me about so changed to chrome & now that's useless as well WTF!!
What is the point in having software with all your passwords if you can't use it!!

Also if I try to email support from help in Easypass it keeps just bouncing the email back.

Can anyone help please?

Offline pjjoe

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 08:51:05 PM »
I think this may be a temporary answer. Download an older version of Chrome, then uninstall it, and install older version here http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php

Here is the last version that worked for me: http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php?old_chrome=12715

Don't forget to turn OFF automatic updates in CHROME.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:54:25 PM by pjjoe »

Offline Myles45

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 08:56:59 PM »
I think this may be a temporary answer. Download an older version of Chrome, then uninstall it, and install older version here http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php

Here is the last version that worked for me: http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php?old_chrome=12715

Don't forget to turn OFF automatic updates in CHROME.

This can't be a good thing to do for security reasons surely?  I would rather know what the issue is & get it rectified properly by Avast.  Especially as I have just paid for a new subscription!!

Offline pjjoe

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 09:18:44 PM »
This can't be a good thing to do for security reasons surely?  I would rather know what the issue is & get it rectified properly by Avast.  Especially as I have just paid for a new subscription!!

Totally agree, we need a REAL fix for this ASAP since we paid for this software. It does work in IE still, there's another workaround. But that's why I said a TEMPORARY solution.

Disabling automatic updates is a little harder than you might think. I think easiest may be to go to the task scheduler.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:36:56 PM by pjjoe »

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 09:56:43 PM »
I have got official answer to my ticket from support via email  :)

Hello,

there is a compatibility issue in the latest Google Chrome and avast! EasyPass toolbar. We are already working on fix. In the meantime I can only suggest you to use a different web browser.

Best regards,

Jakub Vaňous
 Technical support