Author Topic: EasyPass no Longer working with Chrome  (Read 31116 times)

Offline pjjoe

Re: EasyPass no Longer working with Chrome
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 10:07:23 PM »
Thanks, here is the error message I get in the extensions: (Not working with latest beta of Chrome either.)

Joe Siegler

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 06:04:47 AM »
Add me to the list.  It's not working for me either.   I am using Google Chrome Version 29.0.1547.57 m on 64bit Windows 8 Pro.

Oddly enough, this week I've considered going to actual RoboForm (instead of using EasyPass), because they have an iOS app where I can access my passwords.  If this isn't fixed quickly, I just might cut my losses and jump ship.

dougja

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 06:15:14 PM »
add me too... been about 24 hours now that it is screwed up.  I called "Customer Support" but the lady had no idea what I was talking about but for a fee could connect me to tech support.  FOR A FEE!  I politely and tersely questioned the fee for a non-working product and proceeded to fake a thank you and pleasant goodbye.   
This experience has lessened my likelihood of renewing Avast products but I do like their products so maybe I can get over the service experience if they fix this in a timely fashion.

Joe Siegler

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
add me too... been about 24 hours now that it is screwed up.  I called "Customer Support" but the lady had no idea what I was talking about but for a fee could connect me to tech support.  FOR A FEE!  I politely and tersely questioned the fee for a non-working product and proceeded to fake a thank you and pleasant goodbye.   
This experience has lessened my likelihood of renewing Avast products but I do like their products so maybe I can get over the service experience if they fix this in a timely fashion.

This too has questioned my desire to renew EasyPass.    As I said, I'm just contemplating going to Roboform now since they are both working, and have a mobile password access solution.  Roboform is the same thing as EasyPass, as EasyPass was built off of Roboform - look at all the places in EasyPass where it says Roboform anyway!

tazmanette

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 08:22:29 PM »
same here... no error message or anything, just wont ask to save new passwords and refuses to fill in the already saved ones... GRRRR   sent in a support ticket, no reply yet

upsetcustomer

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 03:50:21 AM »
Well, well well Avast . . .

I called their support and the guy on the phone immediately tried to sell me a repair package to fix my whole computer. He remote connected and went on and on about how it is MY computer causing the issue and if I allowed Avast to go in and optimize it for the yearly fee of 170 USD or so then they could help me forever.

Now the cost is not that bad for support, but I did not call for that. I called for THIS.

Avast is not saving passwords or filling in forms on Two of my three PCs and I have no idea why. I uninstalled it, reinstalled. Checked everything I could.

I generally do not search the net looking for answers if I have a competent company to help me. After all, it is Avast's software that is not working. And, it appears as if my issue is not rare as the phone representative told me.

I put in a complaint ticket about their service, but honestly, unless Avast reaches out to me they can go to hell. I have been a customer for over five years and I love the product, but that guy on the phone was a pushy salesman and he was rude. No, he does not represent the company. This is why I sent an email complaint.

No one has bothered to respond to me or the other people here. I do not think this is acceptable customer service. I hope someone from Avast sees this so they will fix their issues.

They just lost this customer.

Offline pjjoe

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 08:59:09 AM »
I have disabled my Task Scheduler Google update tasks (there were a few of them in there). Then downloaded the last working version of Chrome, then uninstalled Chrome and installed the old version (left all my profile history and preferences etc. on the computer when it asked while uninstalling). Maybe a little un-secure without the very latest Chrome update but for now I'll trust Avast for my security updates.

Works great again with EasyPass. I'll leave it this way until they fix this. I love Chrome and I love EasyPass so this is how it will be for now.

I downloaded the last version of Chrome that works with EasyPass here: ->> http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php?old_chrome=12715?download

If they're aware of this issue, I would expect it to get fixed soon.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 04:07:16 PM »
Hi all,

yes we are aware of this issue, and we are now testing the latest build of EasyPass, which supports the new Chrome. It should be released soon.
Thanks for your patience.

upsetcustomer

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 04:06:42 AM »
Hi all,

yes we are aware of this issue, and we are now testing the latest build of EasyPass, which supports the new Chrome. It should be released soon.

That is wonderful. It does not explain how or why the I and the other customers were treated so poorly on the phone.  Since your business is the internet, should you not be prepared for browser updates when you have programs that integrate with them? How about giving your customers a heads up message or something?

lugaru

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2013, 09:42:46 AM »
Hi all,

Hi,

thank you for this good news.

Do you know if there is some news about the similar problem for Firefox. It doesn't work since FF 22 and the only workaround provided in the thread is to downgrade.
Thank you.

Best regards

Goran M

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »
Same here :( Though it was just my computer.
Reinstalled and issue remains. Checked and confirmed issue on 3 computers.

I'am aware that Google with it's Chrome auto update is a major factor in this problem, but Avast should be in sync with current browser updates.

For the time being you can use another browser if you can't live without auto-fill.
Other option is to just open EasyPass and search for your password.

I hope Avast will resolve this soon.

lugaru

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 10:07:36 AM »
I went looking for news on the Roboform website.

The Roboform version of this product seems to have been updated for weeks to resolve the Firefox issue.
And the Roboform version seems to have been already updated to resolve the Chrome issue.

So I don't understand why Easy Pass is not up-to-date knowing it the same product under different names.

Offline w.r.peterson10@gmail.com

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 10:59:30 AM »
When the problem is resolved by avast, will we be automatically upgraded to the corrected version... or emailed that it is available... or do we have to keep checking back at this site for the instruction to upgrade to the corrected version?

Offline pjjoe

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 12:11:18 AM »
This is getting annoying. Even though Google updates were disabled in the Task Scheduler, somehow Google Chrome has updated itself. We need a fix soon or we better be getting refunds because it is not working with Chrome, we can take our refund and apply it to Roboform which seems to be able to stay updated to work correctly. Why was there no notice given about the problem with EasyPass? It does not seem EasyPass is updated with the care that Avast A/V is.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 10:13:40 AM »
Well, we just need some patience, the update is on it's way. At this moment I have switced to IE until fix for Chrome will be out  :)