Author Topic: EasyPass no Longer working with Chrome  (Read 31107 times)

Offline pjjoe

Re: EasyPass no Longer working with Chrome
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 07:10:45 PM »
Switched to IE?????? What scary thought. That would be like you telling us to temporarily switch from Avast to Norton lol. Hopefully that fix is coming soon.  8)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:13:37 PM by pjjoe »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2013, 07:42:07 PM »
Hi guys,

update to avast! EasyPass 7.9.1 -> http://files.avast.com/files/easypass/avast_easypass_setup.exe
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »
Hi guys,
update to avast! EasyPass 7.9.1 -> http://files.avast.com/files/easypass/avast_easypass_setup.exe

Finally, avast! EasyPass 7.9.1.129 on board  8)

Offline pjjoe

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »
Seems to work WONDERFULLY again! Thank you so much!

upsetcustomer

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 05:26:17 PM »
Hi guys,

Finally, avast! EasyPass 7.9.1.129 on board  8)

I am not sure who you are, but I just fell in love with you if this fixes the problem!  It is sad I had to come here to check otherwise I would have never known!

Avast really needs to do something about their level of customer service and frankly, I am still very, very pissed about the guy who tried to sell me a service to fix something that was NOT the issue.

Do you work for Avast or are you just a beta tester?

Thanks for what you do!

Speaking of which, is there any word on this being made for Android phones? I would love to be able to use easy pass there as well.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:38:00 PM by upsetcustomer »

kristinnap

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 06:18:13 PM »
Just adding my voice to the chorus of disappointed Easy Pass users.

I'm experiencing all the same problems.

I paid $10 for this? Something that could break because Google updated it's browser and no notification from Avast or promise to fix???

I expected better than this. I put my trust in their product because I've used their anti-virus for years and have been happy with it. But this has tarnished
their reputation.

I'm going to have to go back to MyPadlock to be sure I can add passwords that I want to keep.

:'(

Offline w.r.peterson10@gmail.com

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 06:51:12 PM »
I downloaded the update and restarted my computer and EasyPass seems to be working. One problem, I can't get EasyPass to appear at the top of my screen... like it did before this problem and the update. Any ideas as to how I can get it to appear at the top of my Chrome screen? Thanks!

Offline pjjoe

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 07:48:14 PM »
It's there but it's hidden. Put your mouse over the right edge of the address bar until you see a little arrow pop up then drag it to the right to show the extensions. Thank Google for hiding them without telling us.

Offline w.r.peterson10@gmail.com

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 09:49:03 PM »
Actually I had to drag my address bar to the left a bit to shorten it, and then the EasyPass icon showed up and stayed on the top at the far right. In looking all over for it I thought I had "clicked" on every possible area of the screen to make it show up... but obviously I missed one. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and helping me out!

Offline pjjoe

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 10:04:39 PM »
You're welcome, and yes, I meant drag it to the left. I was writing this from memory. I had the same problem and I googled to find the answer last week.

Goran M

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2013, 11:57:24 AM »
After update everything seems to be working fine  :)
Some auto-update for EasyPass would be nice.
After this happened I started looking for Roboform as alternative.
Option for mobile platforms that still isn't implemented in EasyPass will make me think about next years licence renewal.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 07:18:30 PM »
I just fell in love with you if this fixes the problem!
LOL!
Do you work for Avast or are you just a beta tester?
I am simple user who uses avast! for really long time and trying to help others if it is possible as I do not work on avast! There are more of us, called as avast! evangelists. Beta tester status shows I am testing BETA version right now, as soon as BETA will be over I will switch back to "evangelists" group.
Thanks for what you do!

It is my pleasure if I am able to help ;)

Sweet Tooth

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2013, 11:36:41 PM »
Hi guys,

Thanks man,  you're a lifesaver.

So about 15 minutes ago I got off the phone with Avast support about the above mentioned problem.  I asked when they were going to update the Easy Pass toolbars to work in Chrome and Firefox.  I was told that they were working on it,  but would be happy to check my computer for $150.  I insisted that it was a compatibility issue with the toolbars and these 2 browsers.

I pressed and pressed....when would they update this?  A simple question right?  And there was already an update posted on this forum.

So either their support didn't know about this update,  or they chose not to tell me.  Either one is unacceptable.

And lesson learned,  check the forums first.  But I get all warm and fuzzy when I'm using a paid product and see a customer service number.  I'm old fashioned I guess.  They did answer very quickly and were polite,  but maybe just to sell diagnostic services.

I won't normally join a forum just to post a negative experience,  but come on guys...really???

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2013, 07:21:03 PM »
Hi guys,

1. Thanks man,  you're a lifesaver.

2. So about 15 minutes ago I got off the phone with Avast support about the above mentioned problem.  I asked when they were going to update the Easy Pass toolbars to work in Chrome and Firefox.  I was told that they were working on it,  but would be happy to check my computer for $150.  I insisted that it was a compatibility issue with the toolbars and these 2 browsers.

I pressed and pressed....when would they update this?  A simple question right?  And there was already an update posted on this forum.

So either their support didn't know about this update,  or they chose not to tell me.  Either one is unacceptable.

And lesson learned,  check the forums first.  But I get all warm and fuzzy when I'm using a paid product and see a customer service number.  I'm old fashioned I guess.  They did answer very quickly and were polite,  but maybe just to sell diagnostic services.

I won't normally join a forum just to post a negative experience,  but come on guys...really???

1. You're welcome.
2. Please contact Adam Riley: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=profile;u=16074
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0