Author Topic: I have a Virus but which one??  (Read 4785 times)

boobear921

I have a Virus but which one??
« on: May 06, 2005, 02:14:54 PM »
I have avast home edition 4.6 VPS 0518-3 it has detected that I have a trojan horse but it is still here three days into trying to figure out how to fix it I have moved all the files to the chest done all the adware scans and removed files they have and my system restore is off so what do i do to get rid of this virus or even find out what one I have PLEASE HELP!!!  :'(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I have a Virus but which one??
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 07:13:18 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forums.

Please Help us to Help you In order to help fully we need more information....
- What OS are you using? is it up to date?
- What was the virus name, what was the filename, where was it found
  example (C:\windows\system32\infected-filename.xxx)?
- What actions have you taken to try and resolve the problem?

Also see Advice & Tools for virus/trojan/malware Removal & Prevention
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

boobear921

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 01:27:12 AM »
I am using windows XP as my OP I do not know what the virus name is or how to find out what one it is.  Each time that I run the avast virus cleaner several files come up effected as I am typing this right now this is what i just received
Malware: win32: trojano-1096(trj)
File name C:/windows\system 32\installer marketing18 exe
I have ran my regular avast virus program plus i have installed and run the ALWIL virus cleaner and it isn't working
I also have run Spy bot and Adware too and that isnt working what do I do now ??? ???

boobear921

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 01:37:52 AM »
I just went into my virus chest and this is what is under viruses

win32:startpage-085(trj)
win32:startpage-095(trj)
win32 Adan-025(adw)
win32:NGVCK-E
win32:trojan-gen.(other)
win32:trojano-998
are these all one virus or different ones it is really driving me nuts not clearing this problem HELP PLEASE

kamulko

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 01:38:56 AM »
Hi!
The standalone virus cleaners don't detect all the malwares, only the most known. You can try to disable the system restore, programming a scan at reboot and restart the pc.
 After the scan is completed, remember to activate the system restore. 

galooma

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 01:42:13 AM »
Could i suggest going into safe mode as admin and travelling to system 32 folder and just delete the exe.  ::)

kamulko

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 01:47:09 AM »
yes, is the other right alternative, boobear: in both cases, you must run the antivirus before the services and the applications start. :). eheheh, Clousseau... you're really a detective!  ;D

boobear921

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 02:10:04 AM »
Ok lets see my system restore is off When my cousing built it he never turned it on saying it uses up wasted space.  I also have run scans from rebooting and when the viruses come and i hit repair they tell me they cant be repaired so I have had to delete certain files my computer is still running fine but the virus or viruses are still here so what do I do now????

galooma

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 02:14:35 AM »
did you read reply no 5 ??